Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-25-2010, 11:17 PM  

Edmonds, Wa
What to do in Mexico?

Any fun ideas to do in Mexico? Heading to puerto Vallarta soon and curious if anyone has any recommendations, it's been about 10 years since I've been there.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:48 PM  

Although Puerta Vallarta is way south of Tijuana, many of the tips still apply. I know the drug lords and the police had a big shootout recently in PV, so stay close to other tourists, and watch your surroundings closely.

http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/san...-tijuana-5786/

Old 01-08-2011, 09:39 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
drink plenty of tequila while you're there
Old 01-08-2011, 09:46 PM  

And in the news today......

ACAPULCO, Mexico -Police found the bodies of 15 slain men, 14 of them headless, on a street outside a shopping center in the Pacific coast resort of Acapulco on Saturday.

Police in the southern state of Guerrero, where Acapulco is located, said handwritten signs were left with the bodies, a common calling card of Mexico's cartels.

Acapulco has seen bloody turf battles between drug gangs in recent years.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:53 AM  

wilmington, nc
go surfing! Mexico has some good surf spots, but lately things seem a bit sketchy as far as safety ...have fun, be careful...

and if you dont surf, then check out some of those little old town squares and eat lots of traditional foods
Old 01-17-2011, 07:10 AM  
H2O Doctor...

League City, Texas
I might would re-consider that trip, not fun wondering if your going to be kidnapped, drugged, killed.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:46 AM  
Ozark Hillbilly

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSVT View Post
I might would re-consider that trip, not fun wondering if your going to be kidnapped, drugged, killed.

I agree with you. I have been to Mexico before but it will be a long time before I am brave enough to go back again. I would be looking over my shoulder so much I would not be able to enjoy myself.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:38 PM  
Hardcore Ocracoker!

Lynchburg, VA
I go every year but I prefer Cuernavaca or some of the more southern areas...i really don't think you as a tourist need worry about CV...stay in after dark and don't travel alone, yada, yada. PV is a beautiful site..cruise the art galleries for great bargains...it's truly beautiful, relaxing resort. Take mamba/salsa lessons!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.