Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-27-2010, 08:12 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
TONS of history, for example I live right by St. Johns Church where Patrick Henry gave his famous speech and my neighborhood is one of the oldest in the country.

There's also good nightlife, we get all 4 seasons, we're 2 hours from DC, mountains, and the beach, 4-6 hours from OBX, NYC, and Philly. It's in the south, we've got great food and lots of agriculture.

Wine isn't my thing but we've got TONS of breweries (not the right word, but you get the idea) for it all over the state.

We also are at the crossroads of two major interstates, I-95 (North and South) and I-64 (East and West), a deepwater terminal for shipping (the James River connecting with Chesapeake Bay and the ocean), some whitewater for those who like boating (the upper James in Richmond), are the financial hub of the country with a major Federal Reserve, three major Universities (VCU, University of Richmond and Virgina Union University), many other colleges and technical schools, a Coliseum, a baseball park, several major museums, Amtrax access, many great hotels (one the famous "Jefferson Hotel" ), and the list goes on...........if you like it we have it..... Here's a photo of the St. John's Church noted above and a couple river scenes (the first one is looking toward the I-95 James River Bridge and the City during the "Herring" spawning season and the herring fishermen).
What do you like best about your city?-st.-johns-church-church-hill-richmond-virginia-3-.jpg 

What do you like best about your city?-img_1348.jpg 

What do you like best about your city?-img_5641.jpg 

Old 12-27-2010, 08:21 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I like Montreal for it's history, it's neighborhoods and green spaces, it's festivals and parties and the fact that it's an island at the junction of two great rivers,.

I like the lake and riverfront bike path network, the sports teams, the safe streets, and the fact that I can buy almost anything I want at a massive variety of stores of every type and ethnic origin within 20 minutes of my house.

I like the French flavor, the fine dining, the stylish and beautiful women, Old Montreal and Mount Royal Park.

There's lots of other things that I like, what I don't like are the taxes. They are insanely high here. Worse than owning a Jeep when it comes to emptying every pocket.

http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/can...809/#post21007

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads