Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2011, 02:23 PM  
Traveler

Newcomer here! Help!

SO! What can a person do for enjoyment on a very limited budget after work in Paso area? I see those windmills up on the hill. Can a person drive up to see them? If so, how do you get there? Is it off 397? Any good cheap buffets or places to eat good food!?

Old 04-06-2011, 03:13 PM  
Motorized Toy Collector

Washington State
You can get to the Windmills by taking SR397 off of US395/I-82. Go east to S. Owens rd. and take a right. Or keep going past Owens Rd and take a right on Nine Canyon Rd. They are dirty dusty roads, and there now may be gates blocking entry. I have not been up there in quite a while. Those windmills are huge when you get up close to them. I drove concrete mixers up there, pouring the house sized footings at my previous job.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:26 PM  
Traveler

Thanks Dave! I did go up twice and yes they are impressive indeed! I got a bit nervous walking up to one and hearing the jet sound as each blade swings across the bottom of the arc at 80 or more MPH! At the moment, it appears they are changing out the blades or adding more of the mills up there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads