Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2011, 12:33 AM  

Willcox, Az
Best used or salvage parts

I'm in the middle of a major re-build and am looking for some used or salvage parts. Any idea if or where you can find some in Tucson? All the places that I've tried keep telling me to call the 4x4 yard in Phoenix. Of course, they never seem to have what I want, and they are 225 miles away.

I've been reading Craigslists but have only found a few things that I need.

What I need really bad now are the power steering brackets (off a 4.0) and alternator (with no AC) brackets to fit an 88 YJ. Yes, I know they are different engines, but that is part of the re-build: 4.0 head on a 4.2 block with a Clifford intake & header thrown on as well.

I'm also looking for a set of rims for 33 x 10.5 tires.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:54 PM  

tucson, az
hmm I have stock jku 17" alloy rims. Not sure of the width or if you want alloy. I have 285/70/17s on them now and want less backspacing. Interested?

Old 01-27-2011, 08:39 PM  

Oro Valley, Az.
Try jeeprecyclers.com. Tucson may not be of much help. Phx is where it's at for used parts. Lkq.com It's what most of the dealers use. And they deliver to Tucson almost daily but may have to pick up at dealer.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:10 AM  

Rio Rico, AZ
I didn't know about LKQ. That seems like a great site, thanks for the info.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:05 PM  

Willcox, Az
Salvage parts

Its been a busy two weeks...

I was able to find one bracket that I needed in Phoenix last weekend. As for the other, I'm just going to have to fab it up because jeep just didn't make one the way I need it.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:44 PM  

Were the suggested websites helpful? I look at craigslist pretty frequently but will always take good advice from people that know. I also hate having to drive to PHX, especially for small stuff.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:14 PM  

Willcox, Az
I'm sure that they are although I've not used them. I didn't know they existed prior. Being able to ask for what you need, exactly, would be a big help.

As a comment in general, my last couple of dealings with salvage yards left me wondering because their price was always exactly half of what it lists for new. Cheaper than new, yes, always the best deal, no. For example, I was looking for a vacumn valve that goes on a toyota powersteering pump. New price $104. Called a yard that specializes in Toyota's. He knew what I was asking for, said that he had never sold one in his life and had lots of them around, then told me he would call me right back. His price, $52. Imagine that, hadn't sold one in 20+ years, yet he wants exactly 50% of the cost new.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:57 AM  

I had a really good experience with Arizona Auto Wrecking (Arizona Auto Wrecking)

I was looking for two wheels for two different cars -- they have a web interface to request parts -- the owner called me up about three days after I submitted and had one of them and told me that he didn't have the other but gave me some other place to look.

Give them a try!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.