Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2011, 09:44 AM  

Staunton, Virginia
I'm moving to Tucson! Sweet!

I got the job! I'm moving in around the middle of March. I need folks to four wheel with and need to know all the cool stuff to do in town. I'm registered on Tucsonoffroad.com, where else do I need to go to get informed about AZ wheeling?

Also, I'm looking for a room to rent in the area. Craigslist is loaded with possibilities, but let me know if anyone has any recommendations. The wife and I will probably be renting (short term) and buying a house when she joins me in a couple months, but for the short term I need a cheap Fonzie-like arrangement.

Thanks!

Ike

Old 02-19-2011, 11:23 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Welcome (soon) to Tucson and hope to see you out on the trails. What you driving?

Old 02-19-2011, 02:17 PM  

Staunton, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicondevil07 View Post
Welcome (soon) to Tucson and hope to see you out on the trails. What you driving?
Nothing overwhelming at the moment. 99TJ, pretty much stock other than 31s with a 2" bb and 1" bl. Today I'm going to put on some rock rails. I'd like to get a few skids under her next, but might need to wait until I get settled into a place with a garage.

Ike
Old 02-20-2011, 12:50 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Hmmm. Can I just trade homes with you? I would like to go to Virgina.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:04 AM  

Staunton, Virginia
Ha! Well, the apartment we're renting here probably isn't worth moving across country.

Don't get me wrong, VA isn't too bad. The mountains are very cool, folks are (usually) nice, and DC is an AWESOME city to spend a weekend in once in a while. But after growing up in NW PA, even here is just too cold anymore. Both my wife and I are tired of even the relatively short winters here. We are ready for some HEAT!

CAN'T WAIT!

Ike

Old 02-20-2011, 06:47 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver30960 View Post
Nothing overwhelming at the moment. 99TJ, pretty much stock other than 31s with a 2" bb and 1" bl. Today I'm going to put on some rock rails. I'd like to get a few skids under her next, but might need to wait until I get settled into a place with a garage.

Ike
Where you gonna be working at?
Old 02-20-2011, 09:43 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver30960 View Post
We are ready for some HEAT!

CAN'T WAIT!

Ike

I think everyone feels that way till they fry an egg on the hood of their car.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:02 PM  

Tucson, AZ
But it's a Dry Heat! That makes 115 not really 115, right? More like 85 in FL... At least I used to think that about 10 years ago when we moved here
Old 02-21-2011, 06:40 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
No i gets pretty humid here actually. I have seen the heat index get to like 130*-135*
Old 02-22-2011, 04:36 PM  

Take your time selecting an area to buy in. We rented a house for 2 years before we bought. Unfortunately we bought before the market hit the real bottom, but it enabled us to really get an idea of traffic patterns and things to do in the area.

The last thing you want to do is end up buying the first cheao house you see and end up hating it because of traffic noise or commute.

The good news is that there are plenty of trails around here for some great wheeling!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!