Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2010, 10:47 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Intros

Introduce yourself, say a little bit. Whats your name (first name only just to be safe and help prevent spam), what do you drive, what side of town do you live on?

I'm Chris, I drive a '91 YJ Wrangler, I live near Kolb and Golf Links.

Hopefully this will help people find trail buddies, garage buddies, and just make everyone feel a little more like they are talking to neighbors instead of peeps on another planet.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:41 PM  

Willcox, Az
I'm just a quiet ol 'Zonie' (born and raised here)

Got an 88 YJ that is a father/son project. Last 16 months, its been in the garage. When it rolls out again, most of it will have been rebuilt, replaced or modified. Hadn't taken it on any 'offical' trail ride, but do plan on taking it to the Chili Challenge next year.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:14 AM  

Tucson, Arizona
Hey there, my name is Matt and I've got a 94 YJ Sahara. I'll get some pics of it up here eventually. I also am on the east side around Pantano Rd. and Golf Links.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:40 AM  

Tucson, Arizona
Alright, let's see if I can throw a pic up here.

If you all saw a small red head behind the wheel of it, that was my wife. She likes to go mall crawling with it on the weekends as it is much easier to park than our F150.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:40 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona

This is my baby.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:02 AM  
"That Guy"

Tucson, Arizona
I am Sam.

Sam I am.

I do not like green eggs and ham.

I do not like them, Sam I am.

I live in Oro Valley for the moment. I'm married with a couple of kids. We're looking to move soon so I'll update this. Previously we were on the west side.

We used to own a '91 Wrangler that had a 3.5" lift and 33's. We got a lot of compliments and it was fun to drive, but never worked. I was afraid to drive it to work because it had so many problems. It was our first jeep and the seller was comletely dishonest. Now I know what to look for.

We sold that and bought and '92 Wrangler Sahara. That one only had a 2.5" and 31's but it was strong. Took it up the Gap and out to Chimney Rock. It was from Wisconsin though and had a lot of cancer. We started having more kids and so we decided to sell that one too.

We now have a '96 Cherokee Sport. It's fun to drive in it's own way but it is stock, except for the Flowmaster exhaust by the previous owner. On our first wheeling trip it overheated. I ended up replacing the entire cooling system; the fan clutch, thermostat, water pump, and eventually the radiator. Now it has a three core radiator and is very to drive.

I work in architecture, but was laid off not too long ago. Found a new job, but money is tight enough that a lift and tires for the XJ are aways off. I do have my wife's support for it though, so we're playing the waiting game until then.

Current

Looking back, it seems with each jeep purchase, our jeeps are getting smaller and smaller.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:20 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Hey I'm John, live on the NW side around Shannon and Orange Grove. This is my old CJ5, been wrenching on it all summer and now it's ready to get out again for the year.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:00 PM  

tucson, arizona
names Drew...

just picked up this 89 Laredo and am slowly trying to get it trail worthy..

Old 10-14-2010, 10:15 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Bump......
Old 10-15-2010, 12:10 AM  

Southern Arizona, AZ
My name is Curt.

I live near River and Stone and this is the real BUMMER . . .
Intros-pict0006.jpeg 

Intros-pict0007.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!