Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2011, 08:21 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
New Traffic laws

Here are some new traffic laws. It's good to be informed. I hate tickets and I am sure everyone else does so I hope this keeps others from getting tickets.

Law requires AZ drivers to "move over" | KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona

I also heard on the radio that they have changed the speed cam laws. You no longer have to legally respond when you get a speed cam ticket and you no longer have to identify the driver unless it is you.

There are supposed to be more changes to traffic laws coming out today so if anyone hears any of the new laws let the rest of us know.

And remember to be safe out there

Old 07-20-2011, 09:27 AM  
fustrated genius

I don't know what your're trying to show here, but all's I could get was a frigging comercial for a trash company . . . (you don't work there do you?)

Old 07-20-2011, 09:28 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Law requires AZ drivers to "move over"
Posted: Jul 20, 2011 5:57 AM
Updated: Jul 20, 2011 7:06 AM

Rating:

0.0 (0 votes)
TUCSON - Drivers, listen up. Before you head out the door you will want to know about changes to the rules of the road in Arizona starting today.

You now have to "move over" for any vehicle stopped on a four-lane highway when warning lights are flashing. Previously, the law only required drivers to "move over" for emergency vehicles.

Now, if it is safe to make the move, you must get into the next lane. If not, you are required to slow down and proceed with caution.

For Arizona's roadside workers, the change is considered a lifesaving measure.

Working with AAA Roadside Assistance, Doug Hudson has had too many close calls.

"What I mean by close is I'm right alongside the fog line and they are within a foot of me," said Hudson, Team Lead Driver for the Tucson Fleet.

Until now, there was little stopping drivers from getting right up next to Hudson as he changed tires along a very busy I-10.

"It can get scary. If a truck goes by, the wind blast alone can knock you off balance so you have to stay on your toes all the time," Hudson said.

The revised "Move Over Law" is giving Hudson a little relief.

"It's going to make it safer for me to do my job. It's going to make it safer for you as a passenger or a user of the highways," Hudson said.

Since 2006 at least three tow truck drivers have been killed working in Arizona.

Richard Graves, the Maintenance Manager at Hayden Towing, was injured in December helping tow a car in Scottsdale.

"The person in the left lane made a lane change and hit the person in their blind spot, and they ultimately ended up crushing me against the side of the bed," Graves said.

Wheelchair bound for a month, Graves is now walking again but says he is lucky to be alive. He is hoping the new "Move Over Law" will make his workplace a safer one.

"It's very scary being a tow truck driver on the side of the highway or on the side of any road and without that courtesy it makes our job ultimately that much more dangerous," Graves said.

Fines for violating the law vary depending on the jurisdiction. In Pima County, the citation costs $148. Within Tucson City limits, it will cost $243.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:28 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Its a link for News 4. It works fine for me.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:38 AM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
Its a link for News 4. It works fine for me.
Well that's ONLY because you scrolled down to the print instead of trying the vid over and over again. (i could recite that comercial word for word now)
Old 07-20-2011, 11:39 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
lol. it happens to the best of us.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:18 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
I always move over for vehicles on the side of the road. ALWAYS. For the same reason tractor trailers do- it's safer.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:20 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Yeah us who are smart do that. But not everyone has the gift of common sense.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:48 PM  
Frankentoy

Mount Lemmon, AZ
yeah unfortunately common sense isn't as common as it used to be

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!