Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2011, 07:44 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Roger run

Time for the local clubs annual Roger Run. Roger was a four wheeler here in Tucson and was killed a couple of years ago by a drunk driver running from the cops. So since then the local club has worked with the forest service and has agreed to do a local trail cleanup / memorial run each year. We try to do this around the time that Roger was killed. So this year will be March 12th. We are going to do the lower loop which runs behind Chiva Falls and heads west back towards Tanque Verde Falls. The trail ends coming out just before the big wash going to the Chiva Falls. The below information is from the local club site. I hope to see some new faces for this run to honor Roger.

When: March 12th 2011.
The meet location:Circle K on Tanque Verde about a mile east of Houghton.

Time: Meet at 8AM, have driver meeting about 8:20 and leave the Circle K by 8:30.
Where:The run will go out the trail to Chiva Falls, trail #4417 to 4426 then to 4405 we will not be going to the Falls but continue on 4405 which turns into the lower loop above Tanque Verde Falls. The run should take most of the day but should be back to the Circle K no later than 5PM, depending on the size of the group.
[/B]

Old 03-02-2011, 10:08 AM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
i'll be at the roger run. (still can't login at tucsonoffroad, think i got banned!)

Old 03-02-2011, 10:27 AM  

Tucson, Arizona
Sounds like a lot of fun. I almost rolled my Jeep twice the last time I did that trail so I'm out.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:10 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-saurus View Post
Sounds like a lot of fun. I almost rolled my Jeep twice the last time I did that trail so I'm out.
Well maybe this year you can go all the way for our enjoyment.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:45 PM  

Rio Rico, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivviss View Post
i'll be at the roger run. (still can't login at tucsonoffroad, think i got banned!)
Gee,, someone can get banned from there also...
Old 03-02-2011, 10:47 PM  

Rio Rico, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-saurus View Post

I wanta watch
Old 03-03-2011, 06:47 AM  

Tucson, Arizona
Do you have to be a member of TOR to go? If not I'd love to go, assuming I don't break anything too important on Rug Road...
Old 03-03-2011, 03:46 PM  

Tucson, AZ
No you do not have to be a member of TOR to go. It is free to join though. We need some more jeep guys over there anyways.

Skivviss try this on TOR:

Tell him to type Tucson Off-Road - Home into his browser then resave the site in his favorites
Then relog in and resave the URL again before he actually clicks login.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:09 PM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicondevil07 View Post
No you do not have to be a member of TOR to go. It is free to join though. We need some more jeep guys over there anyways.

Skivviss try this on TOR:

Tell him to type Tucson Off-Road - Home into his browser then resave the site in his favorites
Then relog in and resave the URL again before he actually clicks login.
hey james... thanks for the help sorting out my TOR fun... made a new thread for it though: http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/tuc...867/#post90444
Old 03-03-2011, 04:19 PM  

tucson, az
I'd like to go and will keep it in mind next year....but since its the weekend after rug rd I have to bow out for the sake of domestic tranquility...thanks for postng up the invite though I realy want to do that trail and wouldn;t mind hauling out some crap.....with 4 doors and my rack I can carry a real **** load.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!