Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2010, 05:59 PM  

Oro Valley, Az.
Rug Road Jan 1st n 2nd

Planning on doing an overnight trip through Turkey creek n rug road on the 1st n 2nd leaving out of Oro Valley. Kid friendly. See 4x4NDAD on facebook for more info.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:02 PM  

Oro Valley, Az.
Meeting at Bruggers corner of La Canada and Naranja At 8.30-9. am Sat. Jan 1st.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:06 PM  

Oro Valley, Az.
Rug road cancelled

Cancelled rug road trip due to weather. But will be hitting the back side of Mt. Lemon for a day in the snow on Saturday, still meeting at Bruggers La canada, Naranja at 7.30 am Sat. the 1st.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:54 PM  

Tucson, Arizona
I do have a few questions about Rug Road even though I wouldn't have been able to make this trip. Would an XJ lifted 4" on 31s with swaybar disconnects and open differentials be suitable for this trip? It sounds like a really fun overnighter and I'm sure my brother's Jeepster and my cousin's ZJ would have no trouble but I'm a bit worried about my XJ and the lack of any sort of posi.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:35 PM  

Oro Valley, Az.
Time change for snow run.

Well were now up to 10 am since we won't have to travel. Bruggers at same location stated earlier. 3 confirmed rigs so far.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:37 PM  

Oro Valley, Az.
P-saurus.

I haven't run the trail yet, but from what I've heard you should have no worries, If your on facebook search 4x4ndad and check out the photos. I've got some of my 91 Cherokee at martinez cabin/ box canyon.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:52 AM  

Rio Rico, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-saurus View Post
I do have a few questions about Rug Road even though I wouldn't have been able to make this trip. Would an XJ lifted 4" on 31s with swaybar disconnects and open differentials be suitable for this trip? It sounds like a really fun overnighter and I'm sure my brother's Jeepster and my cousin's ZJ would have no trouble but I'm a bit worried about my XJ and the lack of any sort of posi.
You can do the rug road without posi's. Hope your not afraid of pin striping! There is on over night run being planed for March if your interested. It will be an overnighter staying in Turkey Creek then running the rug road back to mamoth. Last time I lead a group it was 6 JK's from Tucson. It was a blast and there was 1 almost stock JK there. He had no troubles at all..

Here is a link to my site and the rug road plus other trips. Send me an e-mail...
Old 12-31-2010, 09:51 AM  

Tucson, Arizona
Pinstriping doesn't bother me. Chimney Rock has done quite a number on my paint job already. Depending on when you go in March, I might be interested as long as my dogs (and probably my brother's dogs) wouldn't be a problem.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:54 AM  

Oro Valley, AZ
Agreed, no issues for your setup. I ran it Thanksgiving weekend in my TJ with open diffs, no problem.

Randy, I don't see a link to your site...
Old 01-01-2011, 08:02 AM  

Arizona
RandyD, Still looking for link to your site.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!