Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2011, 06:49 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Made it home, You know driving from Willcox to Marana at 50 mph sure takes a long time. Don the guy that rode with me, said that is the best time he has ever had. So hats off to all that ran with us this weekend to convert yet another over to the jeep side. LOL

My sincere thank you to Randy and Candy and Rosie for tagging along behind me almost all the way home at whopping 50 mph to make sure I was safe. Things like that make me believe that there is still good people out there that still do nice things. THANK YOU.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:56 PM  

Tucson, Arizona
Thanks everyone, that was awesome, definitely one the most fun runs to date for me.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:56 PM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
Rug Road March 5 & 6-20110305_turkey_creek_000.jpg

from the mammoth fuel stop to camp - 26.5 miles
Old 03-07-2011, 05:54 AM  
Az hunter

tucson, arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicondevil07 View Post
Made it home, You know driving from Willcox to Marana at 50 mph sure takes a long time. Don the guy that rode with me, said that is the best time he has ever had. So hats off to all that ran with us this weekend to convert yet another over to the jeep side. LOL

My sincere thank you to Randy and Candy and Rosie for tagging along behind me almost all the way home at whopping 50 mph to make sure I was safe. Things like that make me believe that there is still good people out there that still do nice things. THANK YOU.
Figure out what was wrong ?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:04 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Drag link was a little loose but everything else was tight. Gonna redo track bar bolts and weld in some washers on track bar mount.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:56 AM  

Rio Rico, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicondevil07 View Post

Not a problem. It was interesting. I saw things going that slow that I had never seen before!

And thanks Jim and all that had the right toold to help pull my axle shaft.. Upon baging it all apart, I belive it had been partially broken for a while.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:13 AM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
still have more, when patience returns i'll keep trying to get them all into photobucket...

Rug Road Photos

Old 03-07-2011, 11:34 AM  

tucson, az
As someone who has gone out alone and ill equiped much of my life (well I did make it this far) I continue to be impressed by ya'lls ability, prepardness and most importantly willingess to help each other out. Looking forward to getting home and seeing those photos......next time I'll drink my share of the tequila I promise....
Old 03-07-2011, 06:38 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivviss View Post
Attachment 6747

from the mammoth fuel stop to camp - 26.5 miles
What GPS and software are you using?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:34 PM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
Garmin Oregon 450T with the BaseCamp software to load Birdseye Satellite images.

should have saved money and got the 450 without topo maps. i then went crazy and ordered the north american disc with 24k scale topo maps and never use the 'factory' ones.

definitely overkill, i use it to record trips mostly. but if i ever do have to walk out of an idiotic moment it may be helpful to find shortest routes.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads