Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2011, 03:45 PM  

tucson, az
Steel fab in Tucson

I'm looking for someone cheap to fab a roof rack with extruded mesh floor. Any ideas? Crossed up is too busy and would cost more than just ordering from a manufacturer. Who's wants work? Not that I'm soliciting

Old 05-09-2011, 04:39 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Not sure if you want it fancy or workmanlike. I needed a strong roof rack for moving 3000 miles using a Dodge Tradesman.

I bought two cross braces for my rack from Pep Boys. I affixed cross braces using metal screws. In the picture I just have some camping gear on the rack but I crossed the country with 300 lbs. of gear stored there.

Total cost was about $75.
Steel fab in Tucson-roofrack.jpg 

Old 05-09-2011, 05:20 PM  

tucson, az
nicely done, i"m all for cheap fixes and enjoy those wooden mod threads. I have a kongo cage and have considered screwing extruded metal screen onto the bottom of a 2x4 frame. Time for a trip to the junkman. anyone know where to get extruded metal mesh or used mesh shelving in Tucson?
Old 05-09-2011, 07:02 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
nicely done, i"m all for cheap fixes and enjoy those wooden mod threads. I have a kongo cage and have considered screwing extruded metal screen onto the bottom of a 2x4 frame. Time for a trip to the junkman. anyone know where to get extruded metal mesh or used mesh shelving in Tucson?
[PDF] WELDED WIRE MESH
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
8620 East Old Vail Road ? Tucson, AZ 85747 ? (520) 434-8281 ? A Thru Z Consulting & Distributing - Cages, Flights, Aviaries and Exhibits ? email: info@athruzconsulting.com. Available Welded Wire Mesh Sizes ...
www.athruzcages.com/welded.pdf -

McNichols Co. - Headquarters - Locations
Perforated Metal, Wire Mesh, Grating, Expanded Metal and Fiberglass Products.
Distributor, Manufacturer, Custom Manufacturer, Service Company
Company Profile: Nationwide steel service centers. Stocking distributor of all types of wire cloth & wire mesh in rolls, panels & pieces in a wide variety of metals such as steel, aluminium, stainless steel, copper, brass, galvanized, PVC & more for industrial & architectural uses.
Consolidated Rebar, Inc - Phoenix, AZ
Custom Manufacturer
Company Profile: Fabricator Of Reinforced Steel & Wire Mesh. Also Furnish And Install Monostrand And Multistrand Post-tensioning.
ITC Mfg. Inc. - Phoenix, AZ
Manufacturer
Company Profile: Manufacturers Of Wire Mesh & Miscellaneous Welded Wire Products. Low Carbon, Bright Basic, Powder Coated, Zinc Plated
Sinoca International - Phoenix, AZ
Manufacturer
Company Profile: Stainless Steel, Iron, Copper, Brass, Aluminum

Los Angeles, CA Welded Wire Mesh

ZB Wire Works, Inc.

ZB Wire Works, Inc. has been offering welded wire mesh products and services to the Los Angeles, San Diego, San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange County, and San Francisco, CA communities for over 20 years. We specialize in custom patterns welded mesh up to 9'-6" wide panels, mesh framing, wire baskets, wire shelves and racks. Our staff is standing by to help with your next project.

ZB Wire Works, Inc.'s Products Include:

Welded mesh - Diamond, square and custom patterns for different applications
Architectural mesh - Custom mesh framing and 3D Trellis mesh
Welded mesh inventory - Welded wire mesh panels ready to ship within one day
Contact ZB Wire Works, Inc. today at 866-844-8205 with your request. We also service Sacramento, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, San Jose, Fresno, Burbank, City of Industry, Irwindale, Diamond Bar, Vernon, Bakersfield, Pomona, Chino, Ontario, Fontana, Santa Fe Springs, Norwalk, and Whittier areas, as well as Tempe, AZ; Phoenix, AZ; Flag Staff, AZ; Tucson, AZ; Scottsdale, AZ; Mesa, AZ; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; San Antonio, TX; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; Reno, NV; Las Vegas, NV; Henderson, NV; Eugene, OR; Portland, OR; Salem, OR; Spokane, WA; Tacoma, WA; Albuquerque, NM; and Santa Fe, NM.

Headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, ITC is the premier manufacturer of wire mesh products for the material handling and storage products industries. As one of the largest wire and steel fabricators in the United States, ITC manufactures a wide range of wire products including heavy and light duty wire mesh decking, dividers and flue spacers, gridwall/slatwall, POP displays, industrial and specialty drawn wire, custom wire and steel products, Patented Performance Panel, mine mesh, re-enforcing mesh,laser cutting, fencing and roll formed products. In addition, ITC offers value-added services such as product design and engineering to meet the needs of distributors, mass merchants, retailers, archive storage providers, OEM?s and third-party logistics providers.
ITC?s diverse customer base includes leading national chains such as Home Depot, Lowe?s, Wal-Mart, IKEA, and a network of more than 2,500 distributors. With over 900,000 square feet of manufacturing and distribution facilities strategically located in both the Western and Eastern halves of the United States, ITC services the U.S., Mexico and Canada. All ITC products are manufactured in the U.S., assuring the highest quality standards available in the industry.
ITC : About
Old 05-09-2011, 07:25 PM  

Tucson, AZ
santa rita steel, I just finished a project for a guy and thats where he got his at.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:25 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
I'm looking for someone cheap to fab a roof rack with extruded mesh floor. Any ideas? Crossed up is too busy and would cost more than just ordering from a manufacturer. Who's wants work? Not that I'm soliciting
You got a design in mind?
Old 05-09-2011, 07:43 PM  

Rio Rico, AZ
Smith Pipe and Steel also..

I know a guy up there with a welder and loves projects...
Old 05-09-2011, 10:59 PM  

Tucson, Arizona
My brother recommended Santa Rita Steel for the supplies too.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:14 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Triangle Industrial Corp... Thats where I work, ask for Mac he is the specialty fab guy. Sorry I can't do it I work on the mining equipment.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:35 AM  

tucson, az
Thanks everyone, I'll check into those vendors. I love designing stuff. Alternative is to go the easy route and order the Rhino ( basket or tray with 250 lb cap 5.5 mm powder coated mesh steel for about $250-300) not bad *** but very effective.

Quote:
You got a design in mind?
33" x 65" x 4" or thereabouts. # of struts/tabs etc tbd
top rail strong enough to support lumber and boats.

Better yet is to do away with the xbars entirely and mount two removabe trays/baskets with ubolts directly to the cage. One for over the "freedom panels"/front seat (33x60app)and one for over the back section (57x60app)

Steel fab in Tucson-thule-sedona.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!