Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2010, 03:10 PM  

houston, texas
tuscon rocks

i loved tghat place. spent time there back in my military years

Old 10-04-2010, 03:28 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
What branch? I'm ex Army.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:50 PM  

Franktown, CO, Colorado
Tucson is awesome if you don't need to get anything done- ever. The people there are just, well, beyond laid back. The guys at the hardware store can't recommend ground clear (anti-weed) products, the Discount Tire manager doesn't know what a valve stem is, and if you're ready to hire someone to do a job, they act like you're talking about maybe doing it next year.

I loved the weather and there were decent people down there, but I couldn't bear to live there for more than a few months because you can't get anything done- ever.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:57 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jage View Post
Tucson is awesome if you don't need to get anything done- ever. The people there are just, well, beyond laid back. The guys at the hardware store can't recommend ground clear (anti-weed) products, the Discount Tire manager doesn't know what a valve stem is, and if you're ready to hire someone to do a job, they act like you're talking about maybe doing it next year.

I loved the weather and there were decent people down there, but I couldn't bear to live there for more than a few months because you can't get anything done- ever.
Lol you must have been here during winter to say the weather. I have been here 20 years and every summer my skin burns off. lol.

I dont think it so much that they are laid back people, far from it... Lets just say there is a reason they call it To-Stoned, Az.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:52 PM  

Franktown, CO, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
Lol you must have been here during winter to say the weather.
Nope, a full year. The summer was my favorite part- I'm a desert guy and the monsoons really cut the heat, unlike Las Vegas or Phoenix where it's just relentless. Not to mention the entertainment when idiots try to drive through the full washes.

The rattlesnakes in the yard, migrating tarantulas and being able to swim nearly year round? Nothing better in my opinion! Hell, I get way worse sunburns here in Denver because I can be OUT during the day!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:38 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jage View Post
Nope, a full year. The summer was my favorite part- I'm a desert guy and the monsoons really cut the heat, unlike Las Vegas or Phoenix where it's just relentless. Not to mention the entertainment when idiots try to drive through the full washes.

The rattlesnakes in the yard, migrating tarantulas and being able to swim nearly year round? Nothing better in my opinion! Hell, I get way worse sunburns here in Denver because I can be OUT during the day!
How long ago was it? We haven't had a good monsoon in like 4 years. And I know all to well about the re-re's trying to go through the washes. I have pulled out a few from the wash right next to my house.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:19 AM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
Tucson is getting too big; too many trails are being bulldozed to build those crappy styro-condos. Stay away from Tucson! Get out! Go away - shoo!

Old 10-05-2010, 09:52 AM  

Franktown, CO, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
How long ago was it? We haven't had a good monsoon in like 4 years. And I know all to well about the re-re's trying to go through the washes. I have pulled out a few from the wash right next to my house.
Yup, 4 years ago. Or 5. Glad I bailed before the drought!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:57 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMcGuireXJ View Post
Tucson is getting too big; too many trails are being bulldozed to build those crappy styro-condos. Stay away from Tucson! Get out! Go away - shoo!

And no one buys them. most of them are still on the market. Thanks for wrecking the good stuff for nothing people.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:00 PM  

Tucson, arizona
JeepBoats...

Hey If you got a 4x4(WJ jeep in my case)...when the roads turn to rivers its full throttle! 6th is the best, closest feeling you ever get to a JeepBoat!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.