Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 AM  

Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'd say go for it! I grew my own hops in Maine now I just moved to Tulsa and am anxious to get some rhizomes and get started! It's a very rewarding experience and fairly easy at that... Go for it.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:06 AM  

oklahoma city, OK
I live east of OKC and plant four different varieties the spring, Cascade,Brewers gold, Magnum, and nugget. they all did very well but not much for the first year. lots of water at the base of the plants and mine are in some trees to give them some shelter from th heat.I will be adding another three or four more beds this spring, they allready laid out with compost more cascade,saaz,and willimatte

Old 12-26-2010, 12:21 PM  

Tulsa, OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoon09 View Post
Better look into the new food safety bill that just passed. The bill limits individuals rights to grow their own food, what types of seeds they can use, or buy, and limits ability to sell any product grown that do not meet their qualifications.
Hi, where can I find this information? I suppose a google search would work, but I'd like to read what you are reading.

As a side, I've always been interested in growing hops here in OK. Let me know how it goes.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.