Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2010, 10:12 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
When I use to live in Ft. Collins, my back yard was Putnam Elementary. When my kids had to go to school, they simply went out the back gate and entered the west parking lot.

Anyway, I have gone off topic here as well.

I have several pictures of the Uintah Basin, Nine Mile canyon, Ashley National Forest and Arches Natl. Park. They are all places worth visiting again.

As to big game hunting, if you never have before, then deer would be the way to start. They're not nearly as spooky as an elk, the yare easier (lighter) to retrieve, and they are still good eating. I remember my first buck. It was a four point (counted as one side), and it measured 23-1/2". I was so stoked! Of course, my mother blasted my specs away with her five point, 33", but I didn't care, I still had my first kill, and it was a memorable experience. I don't hunt anymore, I guess that I have lost interest, but I still don't mind the early rise, chilly mountain air of the camping out.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:57 PM  

Woods Cross, Utah
Utah photos, taken today!
ashley national forest...-aspens.jpg 

ashley national forest...-bakside-bountiful-peak.jpg 

ashley national forest...-bountiful-skyline-drive.jpg 

Old 09-29-2010, 08:37 AM  

Loveland
Quote:
Originally Posted by remmons View Post
When I use to live in Ft. Collins, my back yard was Putnam Elementary. When my kids had to go to school, they simply went out the back gate and entered the west parking lot.

Anyway, I have gone off topic here as well.

I have several pictures of the Uintah Basin, Nine Mile canyon, Ashley National Forest and Arches Natl. Park. They are all places worth visiting again.

As to big game hunting, if you never have before, then deer would be the way to start. They're not nearly as spooky as an elk, the yare easier (lighter) to retrieve, and they are still good eating. I remember my first buck. It was a four point (counted as one side), and it measured 23-1/2". I was so stoked! Of course, my mother blasted my specs away with her five point, 33", but I didn't care, I still had my first kill, and it was a memorable experience. I don't hunt anymore, I guess that I have lost interest, but I still don't mind the early rise, chilly mountain air of the camping out.
I miss that chilly mountain air on an early morning. I better get to planning, this conversation has put me in the mood to go on a little hunting adventure.

ROADAPPLE---Awesome pictures!
Old 09-29-2010, 03:24 PM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainLover View Post
I miss that chilly mountain air on an early morning. I better get to planning, this conversation has put me in the mood to go on a little hunting adventure.

ROADAPPLE---Awesome pictures!
Mee too! But I doubt that I will get a chance again due to my hectic work schedule.

Roadapple, those are some nice pics! I have a few that I would like to add.

This is up Hog Canyon, up above the Josie Davis cabin on Dinosaur National Monument.
ashley national forest...-family-outdoors-vernal-dinosaur-022.jpg

Here the fog was lingering over the east end of Strawberry Reservoir. This was taken just off Hwy. 40.
ashley national forest...-outdoors-jeep-fuse-panel-059.jpg

Some fall colors up Heber Canyon. My wife and daughter took seeral shots, but I will only add one for now.
ashley national forest...-outdoors-jeep-fuse-panel-073.jpg

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!