Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2010, 06:20 AM  

Roy, UT
Moab is a must!!!!

Old 10-13-2010, 08:01 PM  

salt lake city, ut
Is the family all over Utah or more North or South? As others have said there are lots of small towns close to major cities.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:52 PM  

Draper, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellguy View Post
My wife's entire family and a couple of my family members are scattered throughout Utah. I telecommute so we can live pretty much anywhere, empty nester's too.

We love the lake, fishing, Mountains, quiet and safe. Would like to live close to a City with decent shopping options.

Would love to hear some hear suggestions on Cities we should visit.
We just finished a cabin in the mountains west of Wanship...beautiful in the summer, deep snow in the winter. Right after we finished the cabin, I was jeepin' in St. George and saw several nice houses for sale for very good prices. Hmmmmmm....I sure was re-thinking the cabin, especially when it is nice and warm down in St George in the winter.

Morgan is a beautiful place to live, so is most of the area between Morgan, Coalville, Kamas & Heber, if you like mountains but cold winters. Moab is nice too, and everyone will want to visit you. St George has the benefits of bigger towns, but is still pretty small.

I live in Draper, a suburb south of Salt Lake, and I really like it. Nice neighborhoods, good schools, etc. I have a really short commute to work, and travel all over the state to recreate.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:36 AM  

St George, Utah
For something different, you may want to take a look at Utah's Dixie. National Parks, close to Las Vegas. High mountains nearby, and warm in the fall and spring. A little hot in the summer... but you can always escape to the cool of the 10,000 foot mountains within an hour.

Best of all, no snow to shovel!

Meach4x4
St George, UT
Old 10-15-2010, 07:45 AM  

American Fork, Utah
I live in American Fork, just 30 minutes south of Salt Lake. Its a medium sized city in my mind, after coming from Simi Valley Ca. It's got every thing you need shopping wise, and if not 30 minutes north to S.L.C. I think if you are not a mormon, its a decent choice as it's relativly diverse. I find they may not show the more controversial movies, or have controversial musical groups, but again, you can go to Salt Lake and catch most all of those. I'm not ragging on the predominant religion, just think it's an important consideration. The farther south from Salt Lake the more the culture will be a consideration for those who are not used to it.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:43 AM  

Salt lake City, Utah
HAHA American fork, vernal, etc all those places basically SUCK. I have lived here my whole life and personally Draper is the best by far!!!! although there are alot of rich snobby people.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:16 PM  

Logan, Utah
Cone and join us in logan Northern Utah.... it is 1h away from Salt Lake City in beautiful cache valley
you will be at the border with National Forest and about 45' drive to Bear Lake....
Old 10-15-2010, 05:13 PM  

Conifer, Colorado
I've only been in the Salt Lake area for about a month and so far I have enjoyed Draper and Sandy.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:41 PM  

Orem, Utah
Stay away from Utah unless you don't like to be treated like an adult then its ok
Old 10-17-2010, 07:34 PM  

St George, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtxlizrd View Post
Stay away from Utah unless you don't like to be treated like an adult then its ok
That seems an odd thing to say. I feel like Utah is a great place to live, and I've never felt like I was treated poorly here. Perhaps it is how people react to your approach, vtxlizrd.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!