Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2010, 12:07 PM  

reading, Pennsylvania
My favorite places to visit in Utah

Mt Olympus - Just south of Salt Lake City, great hiking trails, great views.

Timpanogos Cave, Timpanogos Cave National Monument (U.S. National Park Service) A really cool place to visit just 45 mins south of Salt Lake City. and if you stay on utah 92 I believe after you exit the parking lot go north/northeast not back towards ogden you can follow 92 back past Sundance and you will loop around Mt. Timpanogos. Or if you are coming in from Provo traveling on U.S. 40 or U.S. 189, take State Highway 92, passing by Sundance Resort and over the mountainous scenic route known as the Alpine Scenic Loop. Because of the narrow and winding road, buses and large vehicles over thirty feet are not allowed to travel on the Alpine Scenic Loop. The Alpine Scenic Loop is closed during the winter.
This is a great spot also for hiking! Tons of aspen trees!

The Bonneville Salt Flats - just west of Salt Lake City. I have yet to visit when something major/national is going on here, but weekends there are always people running their cars/jet trucks/motorcycles flat out here and it is cool to watch.

As you can see, I have spent weeks in Salt Lake City for business so I hike evenings and weekends so I try and hit the local mountains, and yes there are tons of them. Side trips are always the most fun.

Check out Sundance if you are ever out there, you just might run into Mr. Redford in the area and if you goto Park City in late January you too can be part of the Sundance Film Festival which is really held here, and you can get some Polygamy Porter to boot!

Old 01-12-2011, 03:34 PM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Glad that you enjoy our State? I have been back for over seven years now. There is so much to see here. I have only concentrated my efforts on the North Eastern part of the State, and I still have much to see!

Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 PM  

Biloxi, MS
I was stationed in Vegas and we went up to Zion National park and it was very nice.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:22 PM  

Moab, Moab, Moab!!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:01 PM  
OU812

Vancouver, WA
MOAB !
Old 01-19-2011, 11:18 PM  

Spanish Fork, Utah
My favorite place to go is down to Escalante and the surrounding area. It is absolutely beautiful! I am trying to talk my wife into moving down there.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:01 PM  

Biloxi, MS
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmTJ View Post
MOAB !
I guess you like moab huh?
Old 01-21-2011, 12:10 PM  

Roosevelt, utah
Im glad you found ways to entertain yourself and enjoy our state when you spend time here. There are Tons of places to visit and see all across the state.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:36 AM  

Edgewood, New Mexico
I've drivin thru Moab quite a few times on my way to Ogden.

I try to head up to that area at least once a year to go snowbaording and visit my buddy.

I love the area north of salt lake, wish i could find work there lol.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:23 PM  

Omaha, Nebraska
Any one off-road?

Any of you Moabers off-road? I'm movin to SLC within the year. Lookin to make some off-road friends.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!