Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2010, 01:15 PM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
For those who live in, or Visit The Dinosaurland of Vernal.

I am looking to see if there is anyone out there who have been to, or passed through Vernal, Utah. Maybe we can swap stories of our favorite wheeling trails, hunting hide-outs, museums, prospecting and such.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:58 PM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Since this thread is lacking on visits, I figured that I would place a link to our town describing out heritage and events.

Vernal, UT Viewbook

Old 10-04-2010, 11:48 AM  

Syracuse, Utah
Are there any good public trails in that area you could recommend? I'm thinking the kids would have fun doing the Dinosaur thing, but wouldn't mind taking a couple detour's.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:15 PM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwashua View Post
Are there any good public trails in that area you could recommend? I'm thinking the kids would have fun doing the Dinosaur thing, but wouldn't mind taking a couple detour's.
Yes, there are.

There is the Dinosaur Trackway, up at Red Fleet. Red Fleet Dinosaur Trackway, part 1 Red Fleet Dinosaur Trackway, part 2
It is accessible from the Donkey Flats trail, just past the Redfleet turnoff.

There's the Josie Basset cabin Josie Bassett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia up just past the Dinosaur Quarry. There are two trails that are easy, even in the heat of the day. http://www.nps.gov/dino/planyourvisi...ator%20map.pdf They may start off with hot temps, but once you get into the slot canyons, the temps seem to cool down by 5-10 degrees.

On the way up to the Josie Basset cabin, there are a few trails than can be hiked in 1-4 hours, depending on how much time you take to look and take pictures, or explore the many detours. One of my favorites is the Sounds of Silence trail. Dinosaur National Monument - Sound of Silence Trail (U.S. National Park Service) It is a moderate to difficult trail, depending on your capability.

Another trail that I like is the Green River trail. Dinosaur National Monument - River Trail (U.S. National Park Service) It has a higher difficulty rating.

Just this year, I finally took some time and took my family to a place called Fantasy Canyon. Fantasy Canyon - Vernal Utah It is a canyon formed by erosion that made many hundreds of formations unique to the west.

Along with that last link, you will also see at the top left corner a link to Places to see in Utah. You can browse around in there and find sites of interest. If you were to start on these trips, you can start out with a trip a week and never find enough time to explore all of them in our lifetime.

Not to forget, there is the Utah Field House of Natural History. Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum | Utah State Parks It can be a great place to explore in when it is trainy or cold outside, or even in the heat of the summer.

Hopefully, I have given you enough information to start off with. I have lived here for over seven years now, and I still have many places to explore.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads