Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2010, 01:42 PM  

Salt Lake City, Utah
Trick or Treating on the 30th

Did anyone else trick or treat on the 30th? I was surprised how many kids were out on Saturday.

Did anyone see any cool costumes?

I'm new too. Hi guys I'm Emily

Old 11-03-2010, 01:59 PM  

Logan, UT
My kids went out on Saturday. And they got WAY too much candy. They don't really need more sugar.

As for costumes, I saw a few interesting ones, but nothing worth mentioning here. I didn't dress up, but I almost did what I've thought of for the last couple of years. My wife got me a shirt a couple of years ago for Halloween. It's orange and says across the front "I don't do costumes". I've thought of wearing that shirt with some Groucho Marx glasses. Then, my costume is that I'm a contradiction. I just haven't done it yet because I think most people will just look at me with a confused look on their face.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:10 PM  

Perry, Utah
Our family went Trick or Treating on Sat. In the area we live, it was pretty much the norm. I only have little ones, so we went out before it was dark and before the bulk of treaters came.

My mom had candy on hand on Sunday in case anyone came trick or treating that day. No one did.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:53 PM  

Central, Utah
We didn't have any come by on Sunday either. We did get hammered on Saturday tho.

Welcome!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:15 PM  

ogden, ut
Ok I just moved here and so not cool that my kids missed Halloween Since the rest of the US celebrates on the 31st and we missed the memo about it being on Sat here oh well in seven years if we r still here we will rock it on Saturday!!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:28 AM  

salt lake city, ut
What I don't really get is the hypocritical attitude towards Halloween on Sunday.
I can understand that certain large groups try to observe a Sunday sabbath for religious reasons. But those same groups will celebrate a holiday based on a Celtic pagan holiday.

To each their own I guess. Just remember that if a holiday lands on Sunday and it's not religious in nature; then it will be celebrated on Sat or Mon in Utah.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.