Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2010, 12:47 PM  

Wolves Return!

"For the first time in almost 80 years, there's a confirmed sighting of a wolf pack in Utah. Five wolves were spotted running in a remote corner of the state.

In recent years, lone wolves have been trapped in Utah twice, but this is the first confirmed pack to enter the state since the last Utah wolves were exterminated in 1930."

ksl.com - Wolf pack sighted in Utah for the first time in almost 80 years

Old 12-17-2010, 02:47 AM  

Roy, Utah
I hate them damn things!!

Old 12-17-2010, 07:48 PM  

Last year we had a cattle rancher here in Montana that lost 3 heads of cattle to wolves. And the government did nothing.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:58 AM  

Logan, Utah
I live not too far from Bear Lake and I have heard of people seeing wolves in that area.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:36 AM  

Farmington, Utah
My sister lives near Bear Lake and they have seen a few wolves in Logan Canyon.

One downside, our deer and elk populations will be affected by this! I suppose it is mother nature's way of introducing a bit of balance...
Old 01-19-2011, 11:28 PM  

Spanish Fork, Utah
My Grandparents weren't dumb there is a reason they were exterminated back in 1930.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:39 PM  

Roosevelt, utah
There has been 1 or 2 reported sightings in my area but no proof as of yet. To the north of me there is a vast area of wilderness so it wouldn't surprise me if wolves are here in the state.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:47 PM  

North Ogden, UT
Surprizing how Utah ranchers, given the teachings of the predominant religion among ranchers, react regarding wolves. You bring in a tasty slow and stupid animal - cows - and let them invade and run wild (overgraze and trample) across the natural habitat of the wolf and other preditors, and your solution is to exterminate them. Joseph Smith chastised those who wanted to kill a rattle snake. I wonder how he would feel about the wanton and uncessary extermination of an animal that is no threat to human life and very little threat to the cattle industry? there is still no documented case of a wolf killing a human...just wild cowboy's tall tales designed to justify their unjustifyable destruction of wildlife...

I feel for the rancher who lost a whopping 3 head of cattle... perhaps he should consider buying his own private land, instead of using public lands for essentially nothing, and better protect his investment.

We wouldn't feel sorry for a guy who gets his car stolen after parking it - running, and with the keys in it - where he knows thieves live. We certainly wouldn't promote the extermination of the thieves as the solution to his stupidity. Yet, that is how the ranchers handle the wolf... just maybe the problem is the rancher...not the wolf...
Old 01-31-2011, 09:27 PM  

Draper, UT
Glad that folks are finally admitting that wolves are back in Utah. Brother saw one chasing moose near our cabin a couple years ago, and in Big Cottonwood Canyon in (gasp) 1993!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:47 AM  

Congressman Jim Matheson - Matheson introduces bill allowing states to manage gray wolves

Not sure where I stand. But I enjoy the discussion.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.