Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Vermont
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2010, 04:24 PM  

Burlington, Vermont
Jay Peak

Does anyone know if Jay Peak will offer mountain biking again? Some awesome terrain up there for a killer DH and trail riding. I dont think they even do the Jay challenge anymore? There are great trails in Montgomery that attract quite a few riders...only makes sense to bring in some buisness during the summer!

RIDE AND SMILE

Old 11-23-2010, 12:41 AM  

Boston, 02127
Hi,
I agree to you, this track is not good for mountain biking. I tried there but really it’s very difficult. Personally I liked Luray, VA track for mountain and bike riding.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:56 AM  

Newport, Vermont
I don't think you will see too much in the way of moutain bike trails up on Jay Peak anytime soon. With the completion of the golf course and the indoor water park on the way I am not sure mountain bikers are the market they are currently focusing on. There are a ton of good trails around the Little NH area. Maybe it is to far of a drive.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:35 PM  

Burlington, Vermont
Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogant_Bastard View Post
I don't think you will see too much in the way of moutain bike trails up on Jay Peak anytime soon. With the completion of the golf course and the indoor water park on the way I am not sure mountain bikers are the market they are currently focusing on. There are a ton of good trails around the Little NH area. Maybe it is to far of a drive.
There are good trails in Montgomery and I hear there is some in Westfield as well. The trails in Littleton are they good singletrack? I am occasionally in Littleton. Where can Iget some more info?

Thanks
"ride hard, ride often!"
Old 12-12-2010, 08:57 AM  

Burlington, Vermont
You may want to check out Mountain Bike Forums and look up the Jay Challenge (the name of an adventure race series that has taken place in both the summer AND winter (winter mtn biking) around Jay). Folks on those threads probably have a good feel for what trails were used for the race, and could offer up a trail map.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:29 PM  

Annapolis, Maryland
I think that Jay peak should be limited to backpacking/hiking only. Mountain bikes eat up fragile vegetation and soil deposits on the heavily used area.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:12 PM  

Lebanon, NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewdogskip View Post
I think that Jay peak should be limited to backpacking/hiking only. Mountain bikes eat up fragile vegetation and soil deposits on the heavily used area.
So now bicycles are damaging the environment? What kind of @#$%hole planet is this anyway?
Hikers will only be allowed barefoot. And only 10 pounds per pack to limit weight impact.
Great ski area though. I haven't gone in a while though. My Jeep only gets about 15mpg on the highway, and the TSL's don't like the interstate drive.

Bob

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Vermont
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads