Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-29-2010, 01:59 PM  

Washington D.C., VA
Cell Phones in Cars?

Hi All,
Almost got hit (again) today by yet another driver who was paying more attention to the cell phone than the fact that he (she?) was pounding down the road with two tons of steel at thirty miles an hour....
Please get our government moving on a law to prohibit use of cell phones while driving. Let's write letters....This has got to stop. We are losing too many good people in accidents...
Thanks

Old 11-30-2010, 09:06 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
There is already a proposed bill in the General Assembly that makes it illegal to operate a vehicle and cell phone unless it is with a handsfree device. Sadly, I believe this has been proposed before to our legislators but was shot down (or not acted upon) in the past.

Maybe this year will be the year to see it cross the Governors desk. (That and a few others Im following closely)

Old 11-30-2010, 07:18 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Whoah whoah whoah, I think you went a little far with the 'smashing the phone' part there buddy!

I agree. Distracted drivers can be just as bad as impaired ones.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:38 PM  

Washington D.C., VA
cell phones and cars

Woe yourself! Who said anything about smashing phones? Confiscation might not be a bad idea, though?
Old 12-07-2010, 04:12 PM  
Poison Idea

Talking I'm fine with, it's the idiots that text while driving that I hate. Can't tell you how many times I've had people drift at me because they were staring at a keyboard instead of the road. Really pisses me off when they give me a ****ty look because I hit my horn so they wouldn't hit me.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:23 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
I don't text while driving and use a handsfree set for talking.

I'd support a law banning texting and driving...
Old 12-14-2010, 01:07 PM  

Fairfax, VA
I heard that there was a law floating around the Senate that talked about mandating car manufacturers to have some sort of cell phone scrambler installed in every car. That'd shut everybody up.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:21 AM  

hands-free is okay.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:34 PM  

I agree and believe that there should be a law requiring a hands free device while driving. In my opinion it's the device itself that is distractive, not the conversation.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:01 AM  

alexandria, va
i heard somewhere that the human brain can only focus on one thing at any given time. and by that i mean a fraction of a second to the road, then to the music, then to the texting, then to conversation with others in the car etc. i think the less distractions the better.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.