Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2010, 04:00 PM  

Aldie, VA
My worst experience occurs every day at a stupid 4 way stop at Pleasant Valley Rd and Braddock Rd. There's almost always a backup up of a 1/2 mile coming from each direction. I'm usually not a fan of adding lights to the extent VDOT has done, but people have no clue how to get through these things fast and quick. It drives me crazy when people at all four stops just sit there because they don't know whose turn it is. Not a great way to start or end the day.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:44 PM  

quantico, Va
Getting in the HOV lane and not finding an exit for an hour
Tim

Old 01-12-2011, 07:01 PM  

Boston, MA
Every morning going through the Portsmouth tunnel... Decided to bit the bullet and get a hotel on base rather than stay at a buddies house.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:05 PM  

charlottesville, VA
Watching people try to merge into my jeep thinking that there little sports car will make me want to let them by. instead it just makes me wonder what it would look like all crumpled up.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:23 AM  

Fairfax, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazsean View Post
Watching people try to merge into my jeep thinking that there little sports car will make me want to let them by. instead it just makes me wonder what it would look like all crumpled up.
I agree completely.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:26 PM  

Lynchburg, Virginia
Not really bad, but my biggest pet peeve is when people drive like 45 in a 55. It irritates me so much.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:42 AM  

Fairfax, Virginia
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but I have a new worst Virginia driving nightmare.

The snow fall we received a couple of weeks ago jammed the roads and made almost everyone's commute an absolute nightmare.

My typical commute is 30 minutes and my wife's is 40 minutes. That day it snowed/sleeted/freezing raineded, both of our commutes were 7 hours.

I know someone in cityprofile land has a story to tell about that day. I'd like to hear it.

My soap box moment is this...buy tires suitable for the winter and google "how to drive on snow and ice.

Ok. I'm good.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:33 PM  
ftd

Richmond, Virginia
I lived in Northern Virginia (Arlandria area), back in 1969-70. I worked in the district. SE. If I left work 5 minutes late I just headed to a bar and passed the time for at least 2 hours. At that time, I could drive from work to home in 15 minutes if it was mid-night, and in about an hour if I left right on time, but just 5minutes into the rush hour usually it took 2 hours or more.

I've been in bad traffic jams in Richmond, on I95, and other places, but my worst experience in traffic occurred when, about 3 months after moving to Richmond, I visited some friends back in NVA, driving up on a Saturday morning - my first trip back. When I noticed that I was terrified in that Saturday morning traffic I knew that I would never move back or to anywhere else that had that kind of traffic. It is easy to get used to good traffic, but insane to try to get used to killer traffic. I feel the pain for all of you who live in it up there. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:01 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
It is illegal to use or have a RADAR DETECTOR on your vehicle in VIRGINIA......check out this incident......hilarious......

Trucker Versus Virginia State Police

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.