Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2010, 05:57 AM  

alexandria, va
jeeping in va

ive noticed how their are tons of lifted Jeeps in nova, even though there is no where local to wheel. i have an old cj that i dont like driving on the highway with and no trailer to cart it. so im screwed. anyone know of or own any land that the owner wouldnt mind a couple of jeeps on?

Old 12-20-2010, 12:35 AM  

NVA, VA
Yeah Northern Va is not friendly to offroading. If there is any land they would rather build homes on it and let them foreclose instead of letting us wheel on them. I think the closest trails are in southern Va.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:01 PM  

Fairfax, VA
Geo. Washington National Forest's Fire Roads, Big Dogs in Gore VA or, Paragon in PA
Old 01-07-2011, 02:34 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
RCPFA.com is a club with their own land.

GWNF has a lot of trails near Harrisonburg.

Potts Mountain is near Roanoke.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:41 PM  

quantico, Va
On jeeping, anyone know of any good junkyards in virginia where one might find decent CJ parts?
Tim
Old 01-10-2011, 09:36 AM  
Belvedere Plantation, Inc

Fredericksburg, VA
I am a member of NOVA Jeepers. It's a great club with lots of meet and greets and lots of opportunities to go 'froading. We have rigs from stock to tube buggies, and go on rides that suit all vehicles. Newbies welcome and encouraged! novajeepers.com (I'm MineRunnerZJ on that forum)

By the way Paragon has been closed for a while, pretty sad it was a great park.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:24 AM  

Not knowing of any parts yards, but i have a 90 cherokee that i started to work on but health an time has stopped me. I have some invested in it . Would like to move.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:34 AM  

Blacksburg, Virginia
George Washington is a great place with tons of trails but recently they have been closed off because of 'damage to the enviornment' or something like that. I think they just rotate what trails are open though.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:12 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerRyan View Post
I am a member of NOVA Jeepers. It's a great club with lots of meet and greets and lots of opportunities to go 'froading. We have rigs from stock to tube buggies, and go on rides that suit all vehicles. Newbies welcome and encouraged! novajeepers.com

In case anyone is looking for it the main site for NOVA Jeepers is down for maintence but the backup site novajeepers.net os up and running; same club, different site.

Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
Old 02-16-2011, 01:31 PM  

Lynchburg, Virginia
Yeah down here near Amherst county a ton of trails have been closed in the NF. Some of the better ones too. Shoe Creek is still open though and thats a lot of fun.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!