Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2011, 12:05 PM  
Belvedere Plantation, Inc

Fredericksburg, VA
What bike(s) do you ride?
1998 Honda Magna 750cc V4

Where is your favorite place(s) to ride?
Rt29, Blue Ridge Parkway, I-70 in CO

Do you bike to commute? Nope What's your experience like? Very positive, better in CO, just have to drive very defensive here in VA

Year-round or seasonal? year round, much warmer here than in CO! lol

What shops do you recommend (sales, service, new/used, accessories)? I do all my own work, never go to stealerships. But that why I drive a Honda, easy to work on and maintain.

Your best/worst experience on a bike? Worst experience was laying down my Buell X1 on I-25 headed to Denver at 75mph. I walked away thanks to my ballistic Joe Rocket Gear (lots of bruises but no broken bones). Shouldn't have tried to outrun the thunderstorm, but I was 21 and dumb. Lesson learned, thank goodness for good insurance!

Old 01-10-2011, 12:24 PM  
Wicked Awesome Dude

What bike(s) do you ride? - 2003 Indian Spirit, 2001 Yamaha YZ250

Where is your favorite place(s) to ride? Warren, Loudoun, Shenandoah, Faquier Counties.

Do you bike to commute? What's your experience like? When it's nice I do. Linden to Herndon on 66 mostly. I don't care much for highway riding, I prefer country roads!

Year-round or seasonal? Seasonal. When I was a kid in Massachusetts, all I had was a motorcylce. I rode it to work as a ski instructor. Now I have a Jeep. PLUS, my house is on Blue Mountain. Steep dirt/gravel roads are tough to ride on when there is snow or ice.

What shops do you recommend (sales, service, new/used, accessories)? I try to get my gear online and service my bikes myself. ALTHOUGH, when I NEED to bring the Indian someplace, I like Kenny at Guard Hill Cycle in Front Royal!

Your best/worst experience on a bike? Tough one. Dirt, probably riding the tracks with my family at Eagle Bridge in upstate NY. Street, prob a camping trip I took last summer with a buddy to the Flight 93 crash site and the Mountainfest Rally in WV.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:30 AM  
RocknRoll CountryBoy

Kents Store, Virginia
'94 FatBoy, purchased new in Nov. '93. I ride throughout Virginia, occasionally longer trips. I've been to both Canada & KeyWest/New Orleans on this bike. Riding for 35 yrs., used to race flat track & dirt drags. Seldom commute any more on the bike as I usually have equipment to carry. Ride year round but far less in the cold than I used to. Worked at Waugh H-D in Orange, VA for awhile, also the now-defunct American Classic Motorcycles (formerly EZ Riders) in Richmond.

Worst experience? I've been down 3 times on pavement, once involving a car, once due to equipment failure after hitting a HUGE unavoidable pothole (in Idaho), & once due to youthful indiscretion. Luckily never injured badly.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:19 PM  

Hampton Roads, Virginia
Buell XB12 Lightning Scg

Best place to ride, Central VA or Northern Georgia

Both, prefer to ride but some days you just can't justify it.

Year Round... as long is it's above 32?F out there, i'll do it!

Can't recommend a shop. I believe in my own wrenching.

For the same reason as above, my worst experiences have been when I paid someone else to do a mediocre job on my bike. But the best had to be reaching the No GA mountains with my buddies... it's only 500 miles from home!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:54 PM  
Hardcore Ocracoker!

Lynchburg, VA
Suzuki Intruder VS800

State routes thruout Central Va...no Interstates, please

Yes, I commute in good weather..but it's only 4 miles!

I don't ride from November til March-April, depending on weather...not fond of wet rides

Don't reallly have a favorite shop in Central va..any suggestions?

Worst was definitely taking it down on gravel..big, chunky gravel on the top of a mountain driveway..almost made it...almost....
Old 04-18-2011, 03:33 PM  

front royal, virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombeiro View Post
For all you motorized two-wheeled enthusiasts, let's start it off!

What bike(s) do you ride?

Where is your favorite place(s) to ride?

Do you bike to commute? What's your experience like?

Year-round or seasonal?

What shops do you recommend (sales, service, new/used, accessories)?

Your best/worst experience on a bike?
I'm just getting into it after promising myself I would for years.
I've got a 85 honda Magna 700, it'll be for commute and pleasure and probably ride year round barring any weather.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:25 AM  

Bellevue, NE
What bike(s) do you ride? Customized Yamaha R1

Where is your favorite place(s) to ride? long sweeping roads

Do you bike to commute? What's your experience like? Use mine to commute, nothing nicer then driving past a line of cars not moving

Year-round or seasonal? year round if I could but too much snow n ice here over winter

What shops do you recommend (sales, service, new/used, accessories)? Hat's Off; Dillon brothers (the real side not the HD side)

Your best/worst experience on a bike?

Best - Suzuki Marauder 125cc - taking part and almost completing the first ever Iron Butt Rally in Ireland - 1,000 miles in 1 day - attempted it on a 125 LOL didn't do too bad either, made it just over 600miles, I failed before the bike did.

Worst - Honda Rebel 450cc - Taxi driver broke a red light in Dame St, Dublin...knocked me over the top of the car and across 3 lanes of rush hour traffic
Motorcycles!  What do you ride and where?  Etc.-r1-left.jpg 

Motorcycles!  What do you ride and where?  Etc.-r1-neons.jpg 

Old 11-20-2011, 10:08 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
I ride a Suzuki DR200 dual sport bike now. I use to ride a Harley.
My favorite places to ride are anywhere in the dirt!! In Virginia I love Sherando, the GW forest, and all the dirt roads around the Charlottesville area.
I don't commute anymore but I did on my Harley. I would show up to work, take off my chaps and riding boots, throw on a pair of heels and I was office ready. I even sold my car and used my bike as my only transportation for a while. Yes... Year round. I will always ride as long as there is no ice on the road.
The only shop I recommend is Tim Morris cycles in ruckersville. I DO NOT recommend Jarmans in Charlottesville.
Best experience is riding in Colorado. Worst experience was riding through Nashville on the Harley in 110 degrees.
No such thing as a bad ride for me though.

Even though my best ride was Colorado I still absolutely love Virginia

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!