Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2010, 06:14 AM  

careful driver....the police in VA are very strict

Old 12-20-2010, 04:36 PM  

Aldie, VA
I second the wine. Some of my favorite are Breaux and Naked Mountain Vineyards. The quality of Virginia reds has improved significantly in the past few years.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:56 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Yes - I'm also a big fan of the Virginia wine. Barboursville is a favorite of mine.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:54 AM  

Fairfax, VA
Virginia, it's where the History comes from. Before you go to one of the Historical sights, skim through a few books so you're not lost and bored at these places. They are very interesting. The Colonial era was the Wild West before the Wild West...
The mountains are not as tall of coursre but very lush. One of the most common descriptions about Virginia I've heard from people from the Southwest is, it's very Green. lol! And Northern Virginia is a different animal from the rest of Virginia.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:43 PM  

quantico, Va
It snows and gets below freezing in the winter AND its really really hot in the summer.
Tim
Old 06-01-2011, 09:30 PM  
ftd

Richmond, Virginia
Don't know much about visiting Virginia.......

I don't know if Virginia is a great place to visit, since I have never "visited" the state. I can tell you, though, that it is a wonderful place to live! I moved here in 1969 (I was born and raised in Kentucky, and in my heart I still think of the Blue Grass State as God's country), and see no reason to ever live any where else but Virginia.

I live in the Richmond area and can reach almost anywhere in Virginia east of Roanke in 2 hours or less. That gives me easy access to the beach, the Blue Ridge and Shenandoah mountains, the Shenandoah Valley, and Washington DC, as well as great restaurants, museums, and historic sights right hear in Richmond. The people here are, on the whole, very nice and friendly. I won't mention all the things there are to do in Virginia, as others have already done a great job of that. I will mention some things that I haven't read, including college sports - often upper tier college football (although Virginia tech is more than 2 hours from my home), NCAA champion lacrose and maybe baseball (UVA), and championship level NCAA basketball (2 schools from Richmond went to the sweet 16, Richmond and Virginia Commonwealth (which went on to the round of 8), this year.

I hope you will visit and see for yourself.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:16 AM  

Richmond,Va., Virginia
If I see one more stupid hokie crap plastered all over someones minivan I'm gonna go on a shooting spree.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:04 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Rockford View Post
If I see one more stupid hokie crap plastered all over someones minivan I'm gonna go on a shooting spree.
LOL whats wrong with a little Hokie pride? Sure it can be an eyesore or a distraction, but going Lee Boyd Malvo because of it?

Surely you jest
Old 07-08-2011, 02:35 PM  

Richmond,Va., Virginia
A little is fine, but 90% of these idiots around here plaster the crap all over the car. one is enough Yes I see you spent to much money to go party for 4 years I don't give a flying rats ass .
Old 10-30-2011, 09:46 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Here's an area you may want to become familiar with.......

Welcome to Cove Creek
Home | Cove Creek

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!