Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-08-2011, 02:40 PM  

quantico, Va
Rock Climbing in Virginia

Where is their outdoor rock climbing? I live in stafford and would like to go somewhere relatively close.

Thanks
Tim

Old 01-10-2011, 09:50 AM  
Belvedere Plantation, Inc

Fredericksburg, VA
Hey Tim,
I am curious as well, been outta the game a bit since I moved back to VA after graduating college in CO. Tons of climbing there! Anybody know?

Ryan

Old 01-13-2011, 09:19 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Rock Climbing in Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobi11 View Post
Where is their outdoor rock climbing? I live in stafford and would like to go somewhere relatively close.

Thanks
Tim
You may want to start with this link......seems to give quite a bit of info. along these lines......

Rock Climbing Routes in Virginia, United States | Rockclimbing.com

Rock Climbing Routes in DC Metro - North Eastern, Virginia | Rockclimbing.com
Old 10-03-2012, 03:24 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
VIDEOS..VIRGINIA/WEST VIRGINIA
http://www.rockclimbing.com/videos/
Quote:

Rock Climbing Videos Click here for RSS Feeds of all the categories in the Rock Climbing Video Galleries.
1499 Videos | 3552 Votes | 3783 Comments

Routes : North America : United States : Virginia
Quote:
Virginia

Click on "Routes" to subscribe to a RSS feed of all new routes added to this category. Click on "Ascents" for a RSS feed of all new ascents recorded in this category.Routes | Ascents

Add PhotoAdd VideoAdd EventPost New ThreadAdd Region

Regions:

Central (230) DC Metro - North Eastern (229) North Western (459) South Eastern (3) South Western (73)

About Virginia:

VIRGINIA

The Mid-Atlantic States of Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland host some of the best rock climbing in the country. Virginia often does not get the credit it deserves for being an area rich in climbs. This state has a number of national parks, forests, and state parks where it is legal to climb with hardly any access issues. While some folks wait in line for climbs at Great Falls, Seneca and others around this region, Virginia has plenty of rock to offer that is hidden or unknown to most. The following is a resource to help those who are unfamiliar with the unique climbing that may be found in the state of Virginia. To make it easier to locate many of the climbing areas listed below, I have updated the map function for several of the larger areas, so feel free to click on the GPS coordinates for a visual location of each area. Please update this page if you learn of new, or see any missing information as you find or hear of climbs in and around the state. Also if you come by any good climbing pictures taken at any of the numerous areas in Virginia feel free to add them to the site HERE. Goodluck, be safe, and get out there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads