Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2010, 06:02 PM  

Grandview, WA
I am wondering if either measure would change the rules regulating the sale of neutral grain spirits. When my wife and I first moved here, we wanted to buy Everclear to make Jello shots. The store didn't have it because apparently a store in WA has to have a special license to sell grain alcohol. Anyway, kind of a moot point for me since I had to all but give up drinking due to health reasons. :-(

Old 10-19-2010, 02:42 PM  

Everett, WA
I will be voting for this as well.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:35 PM  

Mill Creekk, WA
For 1100 ! I grew up in a state that still has State control of liquor - and they have about the lowest prices in the USA (New Hampshire). Only 4 states have state control of liquor and the rest don't seem to have any more problems then we do now. How much booze is bought out of state now because of our prices (highest in the USA). Costco is NOT an out of state business ! Drugs are probably more of a problem.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:08 PM  

Oak Harbor, Washington
State run liquor stores always bothered me for some reason. However, I think it's nice to have the liquor stores in (typically) the better parts of town. With the state run stores in Ohio, I never had to be in what could be called a "bad neighborhood" to purchase liquor.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:56 PM  

Seattle, WA
I can't believe they both failed. The anti's ads thought it appropriate to apply the fear factor ratehr than facts. "more parents will get the 2am knock on the door if Costco sells liquor" Uh ...hearsay your honor I'd like to have the drama striken from the record.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:43 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
I'm a little surprised they failed also. Since I'm in the reserves I get all my liquor from McChord so it doesn't really affect me, but I would have liked to see the state out of the liquor business.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:41 AM  

East Wenatchee, Washington
I'm disappointed that the initiative failed. There was a lot a slander comming out against it that were outright lies. I just think that the government has no right in the sales department.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.