Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2010, 06:19 PM  

Camano Island, WA
Island Living

Whidbey? Camano? San Juans? Who enjoys island living in Washington. We've been on Camano for almost a year and are really lovin' it!

Anymore islanders here?

Old 12-15-2010, 09:58 PM  

Chehalis, Wa
San Juan Island

Lived there twenty years ago, loved it, my second son was born in the Clinic in Friday Harbor, Work all around the island, I will remember it for the rest of my life.

LittleGuy

Old 12-15-2010, 10:36 PM  
Supporting Member

Yakima, Washington
Is it ferry only to get there? I miss living on the west side, some(ok lots) of the 206ers are a little cookoo, but the Silverdale area was really nice, and Kingston, I lived right by the dock and could walk to go crabbing. Mostly I miss trees and water, both of which are severely lacking in the desert of central WA.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:02 AM  

Bellevue, Washington
I have only been to Friday Harbor once, for about 30 minutes to pick up a sailboat I was getting. Me and the old owner took it over to Anacortes. We didn't sail it, we used the 8HP motor. It took us 3.5 hours to get from the south tip of San Juan Island to the east side of Anacortes.
Friday Harbor was really nice but I think I would only live on the islands in the summer, if I could.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:11 PM  

Dry Side, WA
I lived on Whidbey for 6 years.
Loved it.
Great fishing,crabbing and clams.
The weather wasn't to bad. Rain but very rarely snowed.
I would like to retire there but my current life requires me to live in the Yakima Valley.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:56 PM  

Camano Island, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Is it ferry only to get there? I miss living on the west side, some(ok lots) of the 206ers are a little cookoo, but the Silverdale area was really nice, and Kingston, I lived right by the dock and could walk to go crabbing. Mostly I miss trees and water, both of which are severely lacking in the desert of central WA.
Camano is reached via a bridge on it's north end, like you can with Whidby. No ferry, though a few people have tried to get one.

I lived in Central Washington for about 5 years and really missed the wetside. Dry and brown got very old very quick for me.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:57 AM  

Bellingham, WA
A bit farther north but my friend lives on Lummi Island. I try to visit him when I can, I love the views from the island and we used to cruise around on his little boat. Island life is always fun!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:33 PM  
most definitely a nobody

Tacoma-ish, Washington
we go to Vashon every once in awhile, and have Family on Harstine...

just curious, what does it cost per month for someone who has to commute daily (to Seattle or Bremerton, for example)???

Hoss
Old 12-20-2010, 01:34 PM  

Kent, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
just curious, what does it cost per month for someone who has to commute daily (to Seattle or Bremerton, for example)???

Hoss
I'd love to know that too! I currently live in Kent but would love to get further out of town. Daily commute time would be nice too please!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:39 PM  
Supporting Member

Yakima, Washington
Do the people ho live on those Islands act the same way the people on Bainbridge act. Whenever I went there and being that I wear carhartts and boots, people always looked down their nose at me. Not that I care what they thought, it just didnt seam like a place I would want to live.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!