Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2011, 06:10 PM  

The Longer The Days Get, The More I...

One of the great things about living at this latitude are the long days we do get, sun, rain, sleet, snow aside.

What do you do when the days get longer? Work more? Spend more time outside? Get out of the gym and hit the pavement? Don't do anything different?

I find myself dragging out my bicycle and taking a ride. Bike gets hung back up in the garage around November and back out in February, sets me up for summer fun!

Old 02-18-2011, 07:01 PM  

Sammamish, WA
There's nothing like a long hike at 9pm on a warm summer evening, especially in one of the great areas we have nearby like soaring Eagle Park, or the Redmond Watershed Preserve. have to get back before dark, though, or risk running into a bear (only happened once). If nothing else it's nice to have it light when leaving for work at 6am and still light on the way home. Unlike now when I waste all the daylight at work. Today, though, it was so nice I walked up to Pike's Place Market for lunch. You'd be surprised how many tourists were there in Feb.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:23 AM  

Spokane, WA
I love just sitting outside and reading a book while I cook up some steaks on the BBQ. I don't have nearly as many opportunities to do that during the winter. I love to BBQ year round, but I find that cooking hamburgers and hot dogs are lot simpler in the cold weather than steak and ribs. Also, once it gets a bit lighter outside I can start playing some baseball after work! Huzzah!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:27 AM  
Traveler

Love a 9:30 PM frisbee session with our kids. Spring is coming guys!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:53 PM  

Our neighbor down the road built his own "field of dreams" (regulation baseball field) and now the kids are playing until about 9PM or so.
Its good to hear the sound of the ball hitting the bat and parents cheering them on

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!