Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2010, 12:02 PM  

Seattle, Washington
Open Carry Movement Growing

Hey y'all. As a member of the Open Carry movement, I feel it is my duty to inform the uninformed about the need to open carry to remind those who would violate our rights that we are still a free people.

We cannot allow the populace to forget that it is every person's inalienable right to defend themselves by and and all arms, and that this right is codified in the US Constitution and the Washington State Constitution as well.

So open carry every chance you get.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:39 PM  
Supporting Member

Yakima, Washington
While I fully respect our rights to open carry, I only concealed carry unless in the mountains. I prefer to keep my element of surprise. I carry everywhere, everyday without fail, But I dont want anyone to know I have it.

I know its a principle thing, but I dont see an advantage to open carry vs concealed.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:54 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Me neither. It's too flashy, and I've got two kids - so I can appreciate that perhaps some people don't want their kids to see a gun. It just makes some people uncomfortable in general, and that's fine.

I don't see any advantage to open-carry. I can get to mine under my jacket just as fast.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-07-2010, 04:56 PM  

Genoa, Illinois
I don't carry at all because of where I live but if I could carry in any fashion I chose, it would be concealed.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:10 PM  

Are you referring to carrying a loaded or unloaded weapon?

In California, laws like the one posted below prohibit carrying a loaded weapon. It is nice to see other states allowing this.

12031. (a) (1) A person is guilty of carrying a loaded firearm when
he or she carries a loaded firearm on his or her person or in a
vehicle while in any public place or on any public street in an
incorporated city or in any public place or on any public street in
a prohibited area of unincorporated territory.

(e) In order to determine whether or not a firearm is loaded for the
purpose of enforcing this section, peace officers are authorized to
examine any firearm carried by anyone on his or her person or in a
vehicle while in any public place or on any public street in an
incorporated city or prohibited area of an unincorporated territory.
Refusal to allow a peace officer to inspect a firearm pursuant to
this section constitutes probable cause for arrest for violation of
this section.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:35 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
So Washington is an Open Carry State or your just advocating people do it?

Texas is NOT an open carry State which is odd but there is a growing group trying to get it an open carry State.

I am an avid 2nd Amendment supporter but open carrying I have mixed opinions on.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:50 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
So Washington is an Open Carry State or your just advocating people do it?

Texas is NOT an open carry State which is odd but there is a growing group trying to get it an open carry State.

I am an avid 2nd Amendment supporter but open carrying I have mixed opinions on.

I'm the same way - I'm even incorporating that factor into the decision of where I'm going to live after the Corps. I very much believe that I should be able to carry a firearm and protect myself.

However, I, too have mixed opinions on open carry.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-07-2010, 08:10 PM  

Sammamish, WA
Our laws in WA state are basically that if it's not specifically forbidden, then it's legal. Unfortunately that can be open to interpretation, and open carry is pushing the limits some. Since state law doesn't specify, this law is sometimes used to cite open carry proponents as soon as someone calls the police:

RCW 9.41.270: ?It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.?

Carrying concealed (with permit of course) is a lot less likely to cause trouble. If you are looking for trouble, to bring attention to the constitutional rights, that's up to you, but with the current state government here more attention is likely to result in more loss of rights.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:23 AM  

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisjoe View Post
Our laws in WA state are basically that if it's not specifically forbidden, then it's legal. Unfortunately that can be open to interpretation, and open carry is pushing the limits some. Since state law doesn't specify, this law is sometimes used to cite open carry proponents as soon as someone calls the police:

RCW 9.41.270: ?It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.?

Carrying concealed (with permit of course) is a lot less likely to cause trouble. If you are looking for trouble, to bring attention to the constitutional rights, that's up to you, but with the current state government here more attention is likely to result in more loss of rights.
Actually, that RCW you cite is being challenged almost daily. It is unconstitutionally vague and contradicts our natural rights (which states have no right to do). If you cower from the Statists and Despots, you lose. These people won't stop ever... even if they lose, they keep coming back to take all our rights.

When I open carry, and people ask me about it... I hand them out the pamphlet on the subject and talk to them about natural rights and why they are so important.... only one out of ten still are rude and seem generally hostile to me after a good conversation... and to me... they belong in Cuba or Venezuela anyway as they're really just wannabe tyrants.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:01 AM  

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSRepublic View Post
When I open carry, and people ask me about it... I hand them out the pamphlet on the subject and talk to them about natural rights and why they are so important.... only one out of ten still are rude and seem generally hostile to me after a good conversation... and to me... they belong in Cuba or Venezuela anyway as they're really just wannabe tyrants.
9/10 people aren't rude to you because you are brandishing a firearm...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.