Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2010, 10:21 AM  

Silverdale, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarenAid View Post
9/10 people aren't rude to you because you are brandishing a firearm...
+1!

An armed society is a polite society.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:23 AM  

East Wenatchee, Washington
I totally support the open carry movement, and not only think that an armed society is a polite one, but that it is also a much safer one. Someone is going to think twice about taking your wallet when you have a handgun strapped to your waist.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:21 PM  

Tacoma, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallywag View Post
+1!

An armed society is a polite society.
Ugh...I'm sorry, but I hate that statement. I love guns, but that statement is just plain stupid.

I'll explain so people don't think I'm trolling.

The assumption is that everyone is armed and therefore polite to one another. Anything that comes up can be handled. Are we polite to each other because we are confident with our side arms or are we polite out of fear of what the other person will do to us with said side arm? The statement indicates a society of politeness out of fear or false confidence. We are only polite because of guns? Would we revert to anarchy if no one had any guns at all? Would no one ever be polite to one another if no one had any guns?

Politeness should come from respect and it's hard to respect someone who needs to be dominant by force alone. A weak man can brandish a gun just as easily as a strong man, should I respect them both equally? Should I be polite to them both? Wouldn't my politeness be simply because of the weapon each one of them carries? Is that really what people want from a society? Fear and lack of respect, but hey...we're all polite.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:23 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
violating

I understand your thought; "PragmaticHubris"
too; I see "Scallywag" position. {I re-new CC tomorrow}
my agreeing with "SarenAid"

how is this; I happen to think through; am involved; plan on staying involved.
we all have powerful arguments; point in view. Responsibly; we each have considered certain views.

Our Constitution is clear, or Right to keep and bear arms.

does this cause concern; concerns, it shouldn't. It is part of our heritage, a strong part to our Constitution. Violating any part to the Constitution is wrong. One part violated; all parts violated.
"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 12-05-2010, 01:28 PM  
Supporting Member

Yakima, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
I understand your thought; "PragmaticHubris"
too; I see "Scallywag" position. {I re-new CC tomorrow}
my agreeing with "SarenAid"

how is this; I happen to think through; am involved; plan on staying involved.
we all have powerful arguments; point in view. Responsibly; we each have considered certain views.

Our Constitution is clear, or Right to keep and bear arms.

does this cause concern; concerns, it shouldn't. It is part of our heritage, a strong part to our Constitution. Violating any part to the Constitution is wrong. One part violated; all parts violated.
This is very hard to understand. Im not sure what your message was here.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:43 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
edit

I see and agree with all parts of each thought; with each person. {3}

Our Constitution is clear, our Right to keep and bear arms.

does this cause concern/concerns, it shouldn't.

It is part of our heritage, a strong part to our Constitution.

Violating any part to the Constitution is wrong. One part violated; all parts violated.

I didn't figure out how to ''edit/fix" my spelling.
"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 12-05-2010, 03:45 PM  
PA HUNTER

PENNSYLVANIA
My 2 cents...

Pennsylvania is a shall issue state where open carry is legal and concealed carry is permitted through issuance of an LTCF ( License to Carry Firearm ) except in a class 1 city...Philadelphia...where a person who desires to open carry must have an LTCF. ( go figure )

Having said that, I have had a LTCF since the 90's and have both open and concealed carried, and I am comfortable doing either, as I believe a "right" not exercised is a "right" lost.

To each his own...but I carry one way or the other...every day !

PA State Constitution Article I, Section 21
"The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."
Old 01-13-2011, 09:11 AM  

Yakima, WA
I usually carry concealed. Once in a while I might openly carry and nobody even paid attention to it. On the Seattle side you might get more dirty looks about it and there are plenty of stores that will ask you to either cover up or leave-which they can do since they are privately owned. Some stores have a corporate policy and some of the local stores try not to follow it. Walmart is like that. Their corporate policy is to allow whatever the state allows. But at the various stores some of the Mgmt has to be clued in on it. I personally mainly conceal carry because I don't want anyone knowing--gives me the element of suprise.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:04 PM  

WA
Seattle is filled with loons. I'd be afraid that open carrying would result in me getting my tires slashed when I went in to the store, or hit in the back of the head with a bottle.

Concealed for me thanks.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:01 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I think that if I were out to slash someone's tires, or hit someone with a bottle, that the guy with a .45 under his left arm would be the last guy I'd go for...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!