Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2011, 05:08 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Correct

Bender; Sir, correct

havasu: Sir, that is my opinion too.

"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 03-29-2011, 12:44 PM  

Spokane, Washington
I agree with the right to open carry.

Although I carry concealed more times than not there was a growing number of people in the WSU gun club who exercised their right to open carry around pullman. I think this had a positive affect. The biggest problem people have with firearms is a lack of knowledge. They are so scared of them because they were not brought up around them and are not used to seeing them. If it was common to see people openly carrying in everyday life it would not seem like such a big deal.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:55 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
and contradicts our natural rights
and where might one look those up?
Old 03-29-2011, 01:04 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
If guns are allowed where drinking is allowed, I'd hate to see the testosterone flowing when one has just a bit too much alcohol. Sounds like a recipe for disaster!
First club I worked in catered to the barely 21 crowd. Of necessity we staffed 11 bouncers and 3 bartenders. Fights were several times a night every night.
Open Carry Movement Growing-ibew50.jpg 

Old 03-29-2011, 01:27 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
and where might one look those up?
(Wikipedia)
Natural and legal rights are two types of rights theoretically distinct according to philosophers and political scientists. Natural rights, also called inalienable rights, are considered to be self-evident and universal. They are not contingent upon the laws, customs, or beliefs of any particular culture or government. Legal rights, also called statutory rights, are bestowed by a particular government to the governed people and are relative to specific cultures and governments. They are enumerated or codified into legal statutes by a legislative body.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:48 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Tucson

Quote:
?Enacting this legislation will help prevent other families from experiencing the terrible loss that we have suffered.?

That?s what Ross Zimmerman, father of Rep. Giffords? slain staff member, Gabe Zimmerman, said at the Fix Gun Checks rally yesterday in Tucson, AZ. This was the first time that victims of the January 8 mass shooting stood with civic leaders to call for a specific change to our nation?s guns laws.

It was a truly powerful event as families and civic leaders came together to call for critical gun reforms. Speakers at the rally included Dr. Peter Rhee, Chief of Trauma at UMC and the attending surgeon who treated Rep. Giffords, victims Randy Gardner and James Fuller, and Patricia Maisch, who stopped the deranged killer from reloading.

Our National Drive to Fix Gun Checks began one month after the tragedy in Tucson, and since then our team has traveled from coast to coast, raising awareness of the 34 Americans murdered with guns every day and building support for the Fix Gun Checks Act of 2011.

Each stop on the tour has moved us closer to our goal of fixing the broken background check system. But the Tucson rally was a deeply personal and important milestone for everyone involved.
HTML Code:
http://www.fixgunchecks.org/tucson
Open Carry Movement Growing-pms_handgun.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.