Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2010, 10:07 PM  

vancouver, washington
Along with lots of mud. Great fishing and hunting.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:12 PM  

Snohomish, Washington
Well I love the skiing so if you want some great jagged mountains that are only 2 hours from the Seattle airport then washinton should be on your places to visit

Old 10-14-2010, 11:13 AM  

If you do visit western Washington, the least rainy time of the year is the middle of August to the beginning of Sept. That is the best time to visit places on the Olympic peninsula like Hurricane ridge, the Hoh rain forest, Sequim, and Lake Crescent.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:08 PM  

las vegas, nevada
Visit Forks! Not just because of the Twilight pandemic either! It is the rainiest town in the continental US with well over 100 inches per year. Also it is within 20 miles of the La Push indian reservation on the coast and about fifty miles from the only non tropical rain forest in the continental US! Once you come over here, you will never want to leave!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:39 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscoot00 View Post
Visit Forks! Once you come over here, you will never want to leave!
That's a lie. I took my niece there back in July...because of Twilight...and I wanted to leave as soon as I got there. Don't get me wrong it is beautiful and we did go to the coast at La Push, but that was the coldest, rainiest, cloudy July day I had ever experienced!
But I will go back, but I?ll make sure the weather will be better. I really want to visit Sol Duc Hot Springs.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:50 AM  

Edgewood, New Mexico
Outdoors

If you have any interest in the great outdoors Washington is the place to go!!

Mountains, rivers, lakes, vast forsests... it has it all.

Go Cave diving around Mt St Helens!!

Cave Crawling along the beaches!!

Fishing on lakes rarely touched by man (might want a GPS or a guide for that one)
Old 10-21-2010, 05:22 PM  
Special Agent

Fennville, MI
The Cascades is beautiful any time! Leavenworth, Cle Elum, Wenatchee, Black Diamond, the wineries there in the state. All is so much to see, it is simply a great place to visit.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:45 PM  

Rat City, WA
We have temperate rain forest
We have ocean beaches
We have Mountains
We have Desert
All in the space of a 5 hour drive
Old 10-27-2010, 11:33 AM  

Ione, NE Wash. 5 acres along the Pend Oreille River
How about the Fall Colors? We have them in my area and they're gorgeous!
Please give me one good reason to visit Washington-boxcanyon.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Washington-smalllakenearboundarydam.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Washington-metallinepark.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Washington-eaglesnextione.jpg 

Old 10-28-2010, 12:17 PM  

Mill Creekk, WA
It's really 2 states in one. The Eastern 2/3rds are agricultural (wine grapes, wheat, apples, pears etc) with irrigation, the Columbia river, and wide open spaces. The Western part is GREEN and Seattle has physically the most beautiful setting anywhere in the county (ie. on the water w/ ferry boats and looks at the 2nd tallest mountain [snow capped Mount Rainier: 14,400 ft]) in the continental USA from sea level. Much of the year you have snow capped mountains both East and West of the city (Olympic and Cascade mtns). I've traveled and spent considerable time in all 50 states. Washington state has everything (rain forests, desert, wheat fields, huge river, tall mountains, evergreen trees, fishing, hunting, big city, pro sports, big time college sports, wineries, small towns, largest ferry system in the USA, islands, Indians, glacial areas, volcanos, etc): city and country - it would take the other 49 states together to provide - and I grew up on the East coast. Oh, we have virtually no bugs, snakes, or need for air conditioning in the Western part. We are so far North (northern most city in USA is Seattle) - very long summer days (4:30 AM to 10 PM)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads