Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-22-2012, 06:47 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Report: 2012 Father's Day 4x4 Run at the Nile

Father's Day 4x4 Run at the Nile
Report by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

Naches Ranger District: Glass Creek - Photo by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

On Friday June 15th, 2012 a lot of Eastern Washington Adventures members met up near Saw Mill Flats to camp for the
Father's Day weekend and to run the 4x4 trails in the area. Guido and TJ40 had Campers, Rangerat had a RV, BlindPilot,
Joker, Spot and Warbi were in tents and I had my truck bed with a canopy. We had a small city in the forest.

On Saturday around 10 AM a Bobracing and Test Dummy showed up a long with four rigs from the Shindig Wheelers.
There was fourteen rigs counting the ones in both groups. We headed up the FS1600.

We turned down 4W697. Not to far down the trail there is a steep drop off. We went down one rig at a time until we
were all to the bottom.

We headed on down 4W697 through the tight trees along Glass Creek. We cross the creek three times and headed back
up hill.

On up toward the top of the ridge there was a little off camber. It was not to bad but could be if wet.

Up where the trail turns onto FS1605 we met up with two more Jeeps. We took a lunch break there.

After lunch we moved on with sixteen rigs. We run together until Warbi's JK had a steering problem. We turned around to
help Warbi and the Shindigs moved on.

Warbi some how bent his pitman arm on his JK. Test Dummy got the rig where it would turn both ways some and we
headed back down to the nearest forest road which was FS1617.

Ones on FS1617 we headed out toward FS1611. Not to far down the road we had to stop to cut a tree off the road.
TJ40 was nice enough to run the saw. Once the road was cleared we moved on.

At FS1611 Bobracing headed back to camp so he could help Warbi get his JK back home. Test Dummy and Spot also
headed out. We moved on with six rigs heading up FS1611 to get over to 4W696/Mud Springs Trail.

We ran 4W696 to the end. We turned down FS1601 and then ran FS1613 back up to 4W696.

Not to far back up 4W696 we took the Mud Springs road and looped back onto 4W696. At FS1611 we headed back
down to our camp along FS1600.

Back at camp we had a good time. The kids played games and seem to have a lot of fun.

Sunday morning Guido and BlindPilot were nice enough to give Charlie and I breakfast. Thanks guys!

After breakfast Charlie and I headed home to be with the family.

This was a great trip thanks to all who came.

See full report with 70 photos at: Father's Day 4x4 Run at the Nile - June 16 2012

Old 06-27-2012, 04:56 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
That picture right there looks exactly like the forests and streams we have around here. For a second there I thought you had invaded Quebec

Old 06-27-2012, 09:48 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
That picture right there looks exactly like the forests and streams we have around here. For a second there I thought you had invaded Quebec
I would look you up if I was playing in your back yard! Maybe someday.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads