Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-17-2013, 01:32 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Report: EWA Mother's Day at Juniper - May 2013

Mother’s Day Weekend at Juniper Dunes
Report by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

Juniper Dunes - Photo by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

Around noon on Friday May 10th, 2013 Eastern Washington Adventures members started pulling in to Smith Canyon to set up camp for the 2013 Mother’s Day ORV Camp-out. Kenny24 brought out a trailer full of campfire wood. Very cool, Thanks Kenny!

That evening we did a run working our way northeast. We played for a few hours until close to sunset. The throttle pedal on my JK broke so I started back to camp along the Gas Line Trail. I did not make it very fall before the pedal broke all the way off where I could not push it to go anymore. Kenny24 was ably to zip tie the pedal where I could use it to get back to camp.

Saturday morning “AlwayswrenchN” offered to take a look at my broken JK throttle pedal. He found that someone missed the top mounting stud when putting the pedal in. They had tighten the nut down to the side of the mount, not through the mounting hole. The leverage on the pedal caused the bottom mount to break off. “AlwayswrenchN” had a tough time getting the nut off the top mounting stud since the stud kept turning. He got it and put the pedal back in where it was to go. The bottom stud he had to use a washer to hold it pedal in place. Thanks “AlwayswrenchN” for getting me back in the game!

We head out into the Dunes to go play. We joined the rest of our group already out having fun. We ran across the Peak Putters playing Three Ball. We watch for a bit and then moved on.
Later part of the group headed back as we make our way to the north fence. We hit some of the big dunes in the north as we work our way back toward camp. “AlwayswrenchN” just about rolled his YJ when his steering broke on a hill climb. Bobracing and I helped “AlwayswrenchN” off the hill with our winches. “AlwayswrenchN” was able to fix his steering enough to take the long drive back to camp.

Back at camp we had a potluck dinner. There was a lot of great food! After dinner we did an evening run. TJ40 had to head back to camp because his son got hurt and needed a few stitches. We drove out to the main road to make sure TJ40 made it out. The rest off us wheeled back to camp.

Sunday morning most headed for home. A few of us that were left hit the dunes one last time. After a little fun we headed back to camp to pack up camp. We aired up and pulled out for home around 3 PM.

This was a great time thanks to all who came out. I cannot wait to do Juniper again!

See full report with photos at: EWA Mother’s Day Weekend at Juniper Dunes - May 10-12 2013

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads