Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2011, 09:58 AM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Report: Pick Up A Mountain - Sept 2011

2011 Pick Up A Mountain
Report by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

Photo by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

On Friday September 16th, 2011 many PNW4WDA members headed to Jim Sprick Park to set up camp for the Annual Region 4 "Pick Up A Mountain" event. I pulled in around 1:30 PM. Guido was already there and had a good camp spot for our group, the Yakima/Kittitas Forest Watch Association.

On Friday night there was a lot going on. Check in, raffle ticket sells, Divorce Course, movie for the kids and a campfire.

On Saturday morning there was a Driver's Meeting and then a group picture with the rigs going out on the clean-up.

The Yakima/Kittitas Forest Watch Association across the road from Jim Sprick Park and headed up FS1701. We took the same route as we did the three year before. We cleaned up the FS1701/FS530 camp, Trails 4W644, 4W695 and 4W675. The areas we cleaned up were not bad at all.

Saturday evening there was a corn shucking contest for the kids and one for the adults. The corn was provided by Yakima/Kittitas Forest Watch Association via Calvert Corn. After that they cooked the corn for the potluck dinner. While the corn was cooking more people tried the Divorce Course.

After dinner everyone headed over to the stage. People came up and old there stories about the strange things they found. The crowd voted on the best story and the best story won.

Next they gave out the "Region 4 Most Inspirational" trophy. For some reason they gave it to me this year. It was nice of the Region 4 members to vote for me. I still don't know what to say about it other than, "Thank You Region 4".

Up next was the thing everyone was waiting for all day, the raffle drawing. There were a lot of sponsors this year and a lot of nice prizes.
We want to thank the following for being a sponsor at this year's "Pick Up A Mountain":
Master Pull, Region 4, Frank Remley, Shindig Wheelers, Liberty Off Road, Olympic 4x4 Supply, Trail Jamboree, Insanity Fab, Joey & Cindy Waterman, George The Jeep, Yakima RidgeRunners, Build It Off Road, Pollock Gears & Repair, Oak Creek Ace Hardware, 4WheelingPlus, Tacoma Screw Products, Tom Woods, Moos Fab, 241 Photography, Gold Creek Station, Round Table Pizza, HiWay Espresso - Naches and Mike & Alicia Polachuk.

After the drawing the DJ played music and people danced. The DJ was provided by Build It Off Road & 241 Photography. There was a big campfire too.

On Sunday morning some of the Yakima/Kittitas Forest Watch Association members cooked breakfast for the volunteers. We want to thank everyone for the help and donations that made the breakfast happen.

After breakfast everyone packed up and headed home. "Pick Up A Mountain" was a lot of fun. We cannot wait for the next one.

See full report with 70 photos at: 2011 Pick Up A Mountain - Sept 2011

Old 09-22-2011, 05:50 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
That is one heck of a lot of nice vehicles in that picture Clay!
Man, I'm getting hooked on your reports and the photography that ensues.
That looked like a grand old time!

So how do I get my hands on one of those Forest Watch decals? The whole concept reflects my beliefs, and on top of that, it would be pretty unique up here

Old 09-22-2011, 05:52 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
And I forgot to mention, that looks like a really beautiful part of the country you live in.
Great pics all around.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:53 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I'm done brown nosing for a decal now
Old 09-22-2011, 11:23 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I'm done brown nosing for a decal now
Thanks for all the nice words. The Forest Watch Volunteer decals are FREE to people who care to keep public lands open to the public. You can get these decals free by following the information at this web address: Forest Watch Volunteer Program

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.