Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2012, 01:28 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Report: Short & Dirty 4x4 Trail Run - Aug 11th 2012

Short & Dirty 4x4 Trail Run
Report by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures
Photos by Clay Graham & Charlie Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

Short & Dirty 4x4 Trail - Photo by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

Around 10 AM Saturday August 11th, 2012 Eastern Washington Adventures members met up at the Ahtanum Winter Recreation Trailhead for the Short & Dirty 4x4 Trail Run.

We headed up the Ahtanum Middle Fork Road and stopped for the view on Darland Mountain.

Next we headed down and turned onto the Blue Lake Trail, past Blue Lake and up 4W615 to Blue Slide Lookout for a break.

We ran FS1020 and turned down the Short & Dirty 4x4 Trail (4W637).

The Short & Dirty 4x4 Trail was very fun and scary at the same time. The off camber was extreme. When you thought you were at the most off camber you could be at, there was a bump or rock on the high side or hole on the lower side. The rear tire of my CJ5 came off the ground a few time. It happen to other rigs too. The last section of the Short & Dirty 4x4 Trail was very steep down hill and very off camber. That section seemed to run forever. This has to be the first trail that I have said that I was glad to be at the end of.

This was a very fun day thanks to those who came.

See full report with 74 photos at: Short & Dirty 4x4 Run - Aug 11 2012

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!