Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2011, 03:06 PM  

Liberty, Washington State
Spruce Bud Worm

Anyone in Eastern Wa, notice the dead fir trees ???? I have seen it in 5 counties ....
Liberty

Old 09-07-2011, 03:21 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
never heard of it but that's because i'm a recent transplant. Looks like trouble.

Spruce Budworm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Differential effects of the 1944-56 spruce budworm outbreak in eastern Oregon

Author: Carroll B Williams; Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station (Portland, Or.)
Publisher: [Portland, Or.] : Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station, Forest Service, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1966.
Series: U.S. Forest Service research paper PNW, 33.
Edition/Format: Book : National government publication : EnglishView all editions and formats

Differential effects of the 1944-56 spruce budworm outbreak in eastern Oregon (Book, 1966) [WorldCat.org]

Although the Eastern parts of OR & WA seem hardest hit I notice it's as close as the other side of the Cascades.

Bugs thinning project decision notice and finding of no significant impact
Show full item record

Title: Bugs thinning project decision notice and finding of no significant impact
Author: Sisters Ranger District (Or.)
Abstract: Announces decision to implement Alternative 2 of the project EA, responding to the high mortality caused by the spruce budworm by thinning some 170,000 board feet of green trees on approximately 630 acres of forest stands where removal of dead trees was previously approved under the Santiam Late Successional Reserve Restoration EA (1998). Includes mostly ground-based thinning and salvage, with open areas replanted as needed to ponderosa pine, Douglas fir and western larch to establish long lived, fire-resistant species.
Description: 18 pp. Appendix, map.
The project area is located approximately 16 miles northwest of Sisters along US Highway 20
(Township 13 South, Range 8 East) in Jefferson County, Oregon.
Captured May 25, 2007.
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/1794/7117

https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/xmlui/handle/1794/7117

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!