Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2010, 03:44 PM  

Bluefield, WV
Does anyone metal detect

Does anyone metal detect from this forum?

Old 12-10-2010, 09:46 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcinwv View Post
Does anyone metal detect from this forum?
Used to go with my brother while he was still working....haven't gone for years now, although I found this button while looking for a friends ring. The second photo is the back of the button and the third is a "minnie ball"....probably carved before shot ( as a lot of them were )
Does anyone metal detect-civil-war-button-.jpg 

Does anyone metal detect-dsc00025.jpg 

Does anyone metal detect-img_0115.jpg 

Old 12-20-2010, 02:14 PM  

Galloway, Oh
I do. I just got into it a year or so ago. So far I've only tinkered around, and went on one organized hunt. I did find a 1944 Walking Liberty.

I found that with a White's Classic 5id to find that. I've got a Prizm 2 that I want to upgrade the coil and possibly see if I can find nicer electronics box to upgrade it. My GF's father has a really nice DFX.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:38 AM  

Bluefield, WV
That is a nice coin. It is one I haven't found yet.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:36 AM  

Galloway, Oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcinwv View Post
That is a nice coin. It is one I haven't found yet.
That was real dumb luck. We had an organized hunt at an old boy scout camp, and the area had already been gone over several times. It was a case that I was moving slowly through the area and digging everything I got a hit on.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:19 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
My brother used to get up in the mornings and go to the local school playground, before he went to work, and when he hadn't planned to go to the woods, and he had a "jug" full of coins he found. This is just another way to use your detector and you may get more "hits". And, if you're near a "beach", it makes it more interesting, especially if you happen to find a "diamond" ring..I always take my detector on vacations and have found many coins on the beach, along with cigarette lighters, etc....
Old 12-24-2010, 09:22 AM  

Galloway, Oh
I know alot of guys who make the rounds of playgrounds and parks. Every so often they take a jar of change to coinstar. It was a nice way to get a return on the hobby.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Bookmark this Page!