Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2010, 07:57 AM  

princeton wv, west virginia
I really wish somethign would change for southern WV, the distributer here is horrible, we can only get Mountaneer Brewings offerings, which is great, but you think we would be able to at least get the other WV micro brews as well, its like a beer wasteland lol!

Old 11-17-2010, 01:09 PM  

Fairmont, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsons View Post
I really wish somethign would change for southern WV, the distributer here is horrible, we can only get Mountaneer Brewings offerings, which is great, but you think we would be able to at least get the other WV micro brews as well, its like a beer wasteland lol!
As far as I know, Mountaineer is the only one that bottles. The other guys you have to either visit in person, or find someplace with them on tap (or I guess you can buy kegs, if they are on tap in restaurants).

Old 11-19-2010, 02:09 PM  

Cairo, WV
You owe it to yourself to visit sometime. Their new brewmaster has turned their beers into real gems. The 5-Way IPA is one of the finest ones I've had.

Also, just across the river in Marietta is the Marietta Brewing Co., who also have some fine beers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJinWV View Post
The only other brewery that hasn't already been mentioned that I know of is the North End Tavern & Brewery in Parkersburg. Although I grew up in Parkersburg, I've never visited the NET, nor have I had any of their brews.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:02 PM  

Missoula, Montana
Mountain State Brewing Company

Mountain State Brewing Company in Thomas also bottles their beers. You can buy them in Elkins area and in Morgantown I believe.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:41 PM  

Charleston, WV
good ones

I just had an ale from Pies and pints and it was from the bridge brewery in Fayetteville. It is one of my favorites. The brewery in Morgantown has many good beers, and it offers them seasonally or when they happen to brew a particular style. Its down by the Mon River and has some good eats, too. one of my favorite places for lunch in Morgantown
Old 12-11-2010, 01:47 PM  

summerz county, west Virginia
I've been to bridge brew work. My wife took me there for my b-day. Awesome brews they have!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 01:58 PM  

Grafton, Wv
I have yet to try out the Morgantown Brewing Company. My g/f lives right down the road and I always tell myself that I'm gonna stop by and try it out. I'm going to grab a few buddies and try it out this weekend
Old 12-22-2010, 01:24 PM  

I also agree that there needs to be better micro brews in southern wv
Old 12-23-2010, 03:01 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsons View Post
its like a beer wasteland lol!
Couldn't agree more. Although, I think things are slowly changing 'round here.
Mountaineer Stout is one of my favorite WV brews.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:36 AM  

Huntington, WV
We have had our out-dated bible belt blue law changed, but distributors still refuse to diversify their selection.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads