Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2010, 10:46 AM  
yyz

Columbia, SC
Good Restaurants in Asheville?

Can someone recommend a good restaurant in Asheville? Last time I was there I visited a place called The Flying Frog. It was a unique mix of Indian, Caribbean, and German Food. If I recall, they had an extensive beer and wine list. Would love to get up there more often and sample the other local fare.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:12 PM  

Boone, NC
Get over to West Asheville and check out The Admiral on Haywood. It's a dive bar, but also a 5 star restaurant; you'll need reservations. Very very good food. It's an eclectic mix and the menu continues to change. Also, if you want sushi, check out Kanpai on Biltmore. If you want great beer, The Wedge makes the best in Asheville, and Lab is the worst (Lexington Ave Brewery). Wedge is on the east side of the bridge before you head over the river into West Asheville.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:30 PM  

Asheville, NC
My Father's Pizza in Black Mountain is good. Pizza, beer, and all. President Obama and First Lady Michele ate at Corner Kitchen in Biltmore. They said they liked it alot. Tupelo Honey Cafe is really good, too.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:32 PM  

Asheville, N. C.
Eating Places in Asheville

I have heard a lot of good things about the Tuepolo Honeys (spelling). I don't know about the President eating at the Corner Kitchen in Biltmore , but I do know they ate at the 12 Bones (BBQ) down town. There is also one by me in the south end on Sweeten Creek Rd. but they didn't eat at that one.

Dave
Old 12-28-2010, 12:49 PM  

Asheville, NC
12 Bones, Mela (Indian), Cafe Azalea (breakfast), Sunny Pointe (Breakfast). I'll second the Admiral, but you better call early with reservations. My favorite place to drink is the Thirsty Monk. The always have something new on tap.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:50 PM  

Asheville, NC
For sushi, I'm a loyal Wasabi fan!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:59 PM  

I always like eating at Salsa's on Patton. They have some homemade hot sauce that will tear you up. I've heard great things about Tupelo Honey as well. Most the time I just have too many good beers at Barley's.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:04 PM  

Atlanta, GA
I'd second Mela for Indian (go during their lunch buffet and get a pint for a discount). Since you liked Flying Frog, you'll probably also like Zambra! tapas bar (they have a varied mix of cuisines). There's also good French food at Bouchon. And if you want more authentic German fair, nothing beats The Bavarian Restaurant and Biergarten up towards Weaverville.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:24 PM  
Traveler

Asheville, NC
PAPAS and BEER is the best!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:26 PM  
Traveler

Asheville, NC
or you could go with the LAB in downtown aville. beer and food!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!