Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 04:00 AM  

Madison, Wisconsin
I thought I heard Mcaslin Mt was open by special event/ party only still. For examplpe, getting a group of people together (or a club) for a ride?

Old 12-23-2010, 10:39 PM  

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
From the MM homepage: "McCaslin Mountain Campground offers direct access to local ATV trails in Oconto County, however, the ATV and 4-Wheel Drive Trails on the mountain behind the campground have been closed permanently of May 1st, 2010."

I didn't know it was closed and there isn't an explanation on the website. It was always a fun, low-key, uncrowded place to camp and wheel for a weekend.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:08 PM  

green bay, wisconsin
McCaslin was always sketchy. Never really knew exactly who's land I was on or if the camp ground had any right to charge for access. It is pretty technical terrain, but the constant basketball sized boulders are annoying for leaf sprung YJs.

That said, I much prefer the pipeline outside of Crivitz. The variety of terrain offers a multitude of challenges and fun, and more importantly, the trails run North-South, so there is no confusion as to where you are!

Anywho, those are the two areas I am most familiar with up here in NE Wisconsin.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:38 AM  

Yeah, there's not much that I'm aware of up in northern WI, Just alot of back woods logging roads. Not much for legal ORV parks though.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:20 PM  

Algoma, Wisconsin
Our family alyays heads to the pipe line just west of crivitz lots of fun for the family, but there has been alot of dnr this past year
Old 01-05-2011, 11:54 PM  

Viroqua, Wi
The DNR is flexing its muscle in Wisconsin and needs to be stopped!! I work at a Bike shop in Viroqua and I have seen first hand the dnr's ignorance and stupidity
Old 01-07-2011, 12:50 PM  

Brookfield, Wisconsin
Try The Pipeline in Crivitz
Old 01-07-2011, 12:53 PM  

Brookfield, Wisconsin
DNR has to much power. Wohoo a drip of oil on the ground is gonna kill a few insects ! .
Old 01-08-2011, 09:23 PM  

Viroqua, Wi
Check this!!!
Governor Walker appoints new DNR Secretary | wisconsinoutdoorfun.com | Wisconsin Outdoor Fun Wisconsin Hunting, Fishing, Camping| Wisconsin Hiking, Biking, ATV

Any opinions?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:21 AM  

Ladysmith, Wisconsin
^^^ prepare for the worst and hope for the best is about all you can do in any situation in life.
Anytime the government is involved you can bet on the former...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Bookmark this Page!