Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2011, 12:12 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesher420 View Post
I live in Wisconsin near the Mars Cheese Castle also. Personally, I just don't get it. If you are a die-hard cheese lover though, they do have more variety than about anywhere else. All different types of horrible cheese
Yeah, are so many types of cheese. I would say I only like a few of them (the normal ones) but I'm picky

Old 02-22-2011, 06:36 AM  

Wisconsin cheese is absolutely the best there is. A Christmas gift I drew this year was from my sister-in-law in Kentucky. It was a large wedge of "Trappist Monk" cheese made in Kentucky. It was the most God awful cheese I've ever had. I tried so hard to learn to enjoy it but just couldn't pull it off. I even melted it over a pizza. My wife was so mad she left the doors open for an hour. I finally cut it in small slices, put it in tupperware and give the dog a piece every other day. She loves it!!!

Old 02-22-2011, 08:30 PM  

Widmers Cheese in Theresa is very well known and has EXCELLENT cheese. 5 year old aged cheddar. Yummmmm.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:48 AM  

there's a wisconsin cheese maker that comes to all the farmers markets around my area. The verdict=delicious. but i love every kind of cheese i've ever had.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:41 PM  
jjl

WI
The cheese is so good there is a whole festival dedicated to every 2 years in Monroe.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:16 PM  

I had a friend, rest his soul, that I worked with years back. He was a Product Engineer in charge of sourcing parts, and working issues with vendors. One of our vendors was in Wisconsin. So, to make a short story long, I gave him some money to bring back some Wisconsin cheeses. Surprise me, I said. And he did. Amongst the now forgotten samples, was a 90 year old aged Cheddar. OMG! That was probably the most unique cheese I have ever tasted. Not sharp, nothing 'cheddar' like any more, but the most tasty cheese I've had.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads