Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2011, 01:50 PM  

Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Wisconsin Schools

As Governer Walker raises a lot of feathers of our local state employees. I'm wondering what Wisconsin's Tax Payers are thinking. Thoughts encouraged.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:03 AM  

appleton, wi
I beleive the state employees should have to pay for their own retirement accounts, health care, and other stuff we the other tax payers have been paying for. welcome the real world people. private sector jobs dont get squat paid for. thats the way it is.
down with the unions.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:05 AM  

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPJOOP93 View Post
I beleive the state employees should have to pay for their own retirement accounts, health care, and other stuff we the other tax payers have been paying for. welcome the real world people. private sector jobs dont get squat paid for. thats the way it is.
down with the unions.
What you forget with your idea is the fact that the mentioned accounts are part of the total compensation for those employees. With other words, they gave up part of their salery to receive these benefits.

There is a reason why Wisconsin teachers belong to the lowest paid teachers group in the entire US!
If you compare what private companies pay for people with mater degrees to the payment for identical educated teachers, you will get a rude awakening. If teachers would be paid similar to employees in private companies, your idea would have some merits. However, as long as we compare apples with pears, it has not. By the way, I am not a teacher and I am paid by a private company!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:55 PM  

Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Has anyone worked the pay rate the benifits and divided by the face to face time with a student? Yes there is prep work but does that quailify the same pay rate, it depends. Also take into account that upon retiring state employees get 125% of their wages at the time of retirement/

Old 02-17-2011, 06:55 PM  

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake_Koshkonong View Post
Has anyone worked the pay rate the benifits and divided by the face to face time with a student? Yes there is prep work but does that quailify the same pay rate, it depends. Also take into account that upon retiring state employees get 125% of their wages at the time of retirement/
Besides prep time (which is mostly combined with study hall supervision), teachers need to grade, need to be there for parents at any time, need to help students after school, need to do administrative work, and, and.
One of my nieces is a teacher and I could not believe how much work they have to do without students being around, until she showed it to me!
Do you really believe that state employees get 120% of their wages as retirement pay? if you believe this, you certainly have a link to show it. Otherwise, I have some outstanding swamp land in Florida that has the Brooklyn Bridge sitting on it, and I sell it really cheap to you!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:57 PM  

Rockford, IL
Unions = better way of living. Yes it is at a price but let people in office that want to help the working class, not in office to to help their ego.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:39 AM  

Viroqua, WI
I just hope for a day when schools become private and PARENTS not tax payers pay for their childrens education.

I choose not to have kids - I shouldnt have to pay for your mistakes!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:06 PM  

I'm just tired of paying for the governments personal cell phones. And I agree with you ih8pepl, it really is horrible but it will never change.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:13 PM  

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by director_gtr View Post
I'm just tired of paying for the governments personal cell phones. And I agree with you ih8pepl, it really is horrible but it will never change.
Do you have any prove that they have free cell phones? If not, I just say I am tired of you cheating on your taxes and I have to pay for you!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:28 AM  

appleton, wi
I am curious to know if we the tax payers are paying for the hotel rooms in Illinios for the dems who ran away. if that was a private sector job they would have been fired by now. and i think there should be some repramand for their actions.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.