Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 PM  

Waukesha, Wisconsin
With Scott walker paving the road ahead, we will see concealed carry, time will tell.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:00 PM  

Janesville, WI
Sorry if this has been covered, but I wonder why IL and WI would be the hold outs on CC. It is not like there is a shortage of gun owners here.

I hope to see it also. I think the permit process is one of the big problems. Who will take on this workload? Local law enforcements have enough to do already, but they would seem to be the best choice to train and back-ground check applicants.

If you leave it to the private sector, I am not so sure the screening would be worthwhile.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:17 AM  

Sheboygan, WI
I seriously doubt I'll bother getting a CC permit, but am supportive of the option. Good to hear we might actually get it soon.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:21 AM  

macomb, Illinois
The main reason we will never have CC in Il. is Chicago. The crooks there would lose to much control. Leave out Cook and the collar counties and it would by about 90%!!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:21 PM  

Yep hoping by spring
Old 01-26-2011, 06:59 PM  

Richland Center, Wisconsin
Technically everyone has the right to carry a gun because of the 2nd Amendment. It just can't be concealed in Wisconsin and it is socially unlawful. I don't see the problem with concealing a weapon as long as the person has a permit. I doubt crime will go up because of it but I would love to have the extra protection when I'm in the bigger cities.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:10 PM  

Wisconsin
I am a retired person, and in my entire life I had never any need to carry a hand gun! I am not against guns (I have for hunting guns in my gun safe), but in my world there is no need to carry a concealed gun or any other short barrel gun.

And If I read the article of the following link, I wonder whether some politicians and the NRA try to pull one over on us!
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/26/us/26guns.html?_r=1
Old 01-27-2011, 09:47 AM  

SE WI
The article is from the nyt, not a very unbiased source.
You should read some of the nra mags and get the other side showing mainly the elderly protecting themselves from criminals, that could care less about any gun laws.
The problem I see with the media is they think they know what's best for us and whatever it takes they will do to get us there.
When our local media ran stories on concealed carry they showed confiscated guns from drug busts, like some law abiding person would be carrying those guns
I always like to see the source of info for articles on any subject, it helps to judge if there might be a slant to the story.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:25 AM  

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotefever View Post
You should read some of the nra mags and get the other side showing mainly the elderly protecting themselves from criminals, that could care less about any gun laws.
The problem I see with the media is they think they know what's best for us and whatever it takes they will do to get us there.
When our local media ran stories on concealed carry they showed confiscated guns from drug busts, like some law abiding person would be carrying those guns
I always like to see the source of info for articles on any subject, it helps to judge if there might be a slant to the story.
Well, the source o the story is the CDC. As a person from the medical field, I worked all my life with CDC information and found it unbiased and very helpful!
And as an "elderly" person, coming form The medical field, I do not belief that a gun is the way to protect oneself. If I would life in an area that requires me to have a loaded gun around all the time, I would consider that a battle field, and move away than facing 24/7 the need to have a gun with me!

I live much closer to a larger city construct than anybody in southern Wisconsin ever will (we are part of the greater metropolitan area of St. Paul/Minneapolis which has a population of about 3.5 million), and I might live here longer than a lot of writers here are old! I have never ever had the need to have a handgun in my possession, however, during my carrier I had yo deal with quite a number of handgun accidents. It seems to me that handguns in the hand of the general public cause more problems than do good.

This is the reason that I wish the CDC could do a study that tells us the truth, the NRA (being funded to a large extend by the gun and ammunition industry) is certainly not a reliable source of information!

I always wonder what people believe they gain or achieve with wearing a open or concealed handgun. Are they getting ready for another gun fight at a virtual OK Coral? Isn't the Wild West a thing of the past?
Old 01-28-2011, 10:43 AM  

green bay, wi
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotefever
Are you saying the NRA is unbiased? You got to be kidding. Really

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.