Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wyoming
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2010, 11:05 PM  

Vero Beach, Florida
Jackson Hole Wyoming

Jackson Hole Wyoming - Teton Village

This winter I went with the guys for an intense snowboarding trip and it really fit the bill. The slopes were pretty intense and most places were ski in and ski out which made it easier on our group since we didn't have to drive anywhere. There were also a few stores to get anything you really need. Theres not to many places to go at night but there were some decent hot tubs which were nice after a day of boarding.
For a family place its ideal too. Theres enough easy slopes for the amateurs in the family and the village is friendly.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:25 AM  

I visited Jackson Hole in the Fall of 2009. It is a beautiful place to visit. We went there for the fall colors and were not disappointed. I would like to get back during the springtime and maybe the winter, even though I am not a winter person.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:46 AM  

Charlotte, NC
I agree - great place for skiing! Not really a great mountain for true intermediate skiers. But for beginners, the school is good and there's enough relatively flat stuff to get the hang of it. It's then a pretty steep step up to the rest of the mountain, and has enough to challenge just about anyone. You'll hear the locals say that it has the best in-bounds skiing in the North America! If you can handle double-blue/black at other resorts, you can ski most of JH! I've noticed that the double-blue at JH would be single-black at a lot of Colorado's Summit county resorts (Breck, Keystone, Vail Beaver Creek), so plan accordingly. I've skied just about my whole life, and all over the north-east, Colorado & Utah. JH is, by far, my favorite.

As the OP says, stay at the base and don't bother with the car rental. Teton Village has all the necessities, and a cheap town-bus is only $3, right out your door, and runs every 20 mins or so. If you're into Apres-ski, the Mangy Moose at the base is consistently ranked #1 or #2 in the country, and has live music, good food, and plenty of beer. If you're spring-skiing, the west-facing front is perfect for catching the last rays of the sun as it sets beyond Rendezvous' peak.

For a great (I mean GREAT) meal in Jackson, try the Blue Lion. A little pricey ($25-$35 entrees), but I think it's the best place in town. Being a ski-town, dress is casual too - jeans and sweaters are fine.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:59 AM  

Hi Guys,
Great advice. I used to live in Jackson, and for the last 10 years lived nearby in Victor, Id.

Skipping the rental car is really a good idea. If you stay slopeside, there are plenty of places to eat/shop. Or if you want even more choices, stay downtown and take the buses to the mountain. Not fussing with parking, buying gas etc will make your trip seem more like a vacation.

Happy Skiing! -Steve
Old 01-25-2011, 06:03 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I will ski at Jackson Hole before I die!!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:15 PM  

Depends on the snow season

When the snow is good it is the best in the USA, when the snow isn't there, well there is always the cowboy bar
Old 02-06-2011, 07:13 PM  

Dunno, the skiing may be good but the town is designed for one thing....to separate you from your money!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:45 PM  

The Antler is a great place to stay; rustic and reasonably priced (for Jackson). The service is great and the owner will come out and give you a hug if you aren't careful. She's great.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wyoming
Bookmark this Page!