Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wyoming
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2010, 03:12 AM  

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Jeep trails near Cheyenne, Wyoming?

I've only lived here for about a year and a half. Haven't really hooked up with anyone who can tell me much about where to do some mild trails. Have a basically stock '95 Wrangler, and just want to see some countryside that most people won't drive to.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:36 PM  

Cody Wy, wyoming
Closest place I know, would be in the Snowy Range, Ryan Park area. Get some forest service maps. I used to run my quad on old logging trails all over the Snowys.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:04 AM  

casper, wyoming
get ahold of the cheyenne trail crew... you should be able to look them up... or join Backcountry Crawlers Off-Road Club and see if you can get ahold of "toybronco" he's in cheyenne too...
Old 10-04-2010, 05:02 PM  

Ft Collins / Wellington, Colorado
Come a little south into Northern Colorado, and you can try several great trails.
Kelly Flats in the Poudre Canyon is a great moderate to "difficult in places trail."
There is Moody Hill and Crystal mountain up the Buckhorn Canyon just west of Ft Collins as well as Storm Mountain.
If you like a scenic drive there is the Cherokee Park road that goes between hwy 287 North of Ft Collins west to the Laramie River valley, it has a number of side roads that are a little challenging for wheeling and very scenic. Just stay on the designated roads and enjoy the scenery, worth the 20 minute drive from Cheyenne.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:23 PM  

Rock Springs, WY
What about jeep trails more toward the Rock Springs/Green River area. I'm new to WY. Only lived here five or six months.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:43 AM  

casper, wyoming
i know there was a sand dune's area over there... but i don't know if it's still open or not... i wanna say they were the killpecker dunes... or something like that...
Old 10-16-2010, 11:33 PM  

Rock Springs, WY
Killpecker Dunes

Hmm... Sand dunes.... I wouldn't wanna take my jeep on it... BUT the dirt bike could use some sand time. DD Thanks.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:41 AM  

Laramie/Aurora, Wyoming/Colorado
i'll have to make a note of those dunes and check them out sometime. vedauwoo and the surrounding area has some trails that i've been exploring occasionally in my free time and some of them are fun but some just seem like a dirt road...might have to check the snowies myself sometime since i havent been up that way for offroading
Old 11-02-2010, 10:01 AM  

Cheyenne, Wyoming
There's a few areas with roads less traveled in Blair Wallis, near Veadawoo (sp?) that are worth driving on. You could also make the trek to the Snowies outside of Centennial, there are countless lightly used roads in that area. I've been camping in the snowies my whole life and haven't explored every road.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:46 PM  

Laramie, WY
Snowies are great, theres a lot (too many in my opinion) of trails there. Also, in the Laramie peak area there's a few. The one up Black Mtn for instance is definitely a Four wheel only trail and has quite a view at the top. Also a long winding trail at the top of Albany peak.

The Roads on the west side of the Snowies especially, which wind north off of the highway, are quite remote. There is a Road coming up French creek too that can test your nerve a bit over some boulder fields, with incredible wild flowers in the summer. REally, just get out and explore, their are quite a few trail in that area.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wyoming
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads