The First Girl Scout Headquarters building used to be the carriage house for Juliette?s adult home. It was willed to the Girl Scouts of Savannah. It was in continuous use for activities of the Girl Scout Troops as well as their adult trainings and administrative offices from 1912 to 1985.
The building contains the archives of the Council that would still be available in the future for research purposes. The Older Girl Scouts from the Council are encouraged to provide service for the facility as Program Aides.
The building was leased by the Junior League of Savannah while the Council assessed how it could be best used. The First Headquarters building reopened to the general public on January 15, 1996 as a Girl Scout Museum that features its own program center and gift shop.
|First Girl Scout Headquarters Videos
| Add Video