Fort Morris Historic Site in Liberty County, Georgia state hitoric park. It houses earthen work taht served as protectors of the port of Sunbury during the American Revolution. It also served as shield during the War of 1812 and were later used as encampment during the Civil War. The historic site measures 70 acres (28 ha.) and sits over an elevation of 23 feet (7.0 m).
In 1741, the first fort was built to protect the plantation of Capt. Mark Carr. In 1756, the construction of a second fort was made.
Labor Day Celebrations are held in this park. Tours and recreations of military uniforms plus musket and cannon firings are shown. During November, Colonel McIntosh 1778 stand is reenacted. Weapons and skirmish are fired. And on Christmas time, music, bonfire and colonial area treats greet the tourists.
The Pioneer Campground accept groups, families and visitors. Exhibits, films, nature trail and picnic grounds are park facilities open to everybody. The wildlife and plants of the area are covered in a one mile nature trail.