Fort Edgecomb is a park and historic site in Edgecomb, Maine. It is also known as the Fort Edgecomb State Historic Site.
Built in 1808, Fort Edgecomb was created as a Second System fort under the supervision of Secretary of War Henry Dearborne. It was built as a means to protect the harbor at Wiscasset and avoid getting ships to break the embargo. However, by 1816, the garrison and canons at the site were removed, just after the War of 1812. It was used again during the US Civil War.
Fort Edgecomb is best characterized by a two story octagonal wooden blockhouse. It was restored and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1969. Visitors of the site can enjoy fishing and wildlife viewing aside from exploring the historic site.